THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big George's BBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
George
Got 1/2 of a pigs belly along with sweet Italian Sausage and a pork loin which he butterflied for me. Also had skin removed. Sliced fat in a diamond cut and rubbed kosher salt on it

Did the same to the meat side and rubbed a paste of flat leaf parsley, basil, rosemary, thyme, sage, 5 garlic cloves, 2 tsp kosher salt, 1 1/2 tsp fennel seed chopped up, lemon and orange zest and EVOO

Rubbed it into the meat and took 1 1/2 lbs of the sausage out of the casing and put it on the belly

Added the pork loin and tied it up which is not an easy feat even with an extra set of hands
On the Egg with fresh ground pepper at 250

A couple hours in/ had to turn the temp down to 235 as it was getting done too fast

Took it off and lowered the grate and added grill grates to try to brown the fat. Had to stop before I wanted as the flames were shooting up. Still came out looking good

Plated

My oldest son, D-I-L and I really liked it. My 3 grandsons ate a good portion from their plate and my wife and youngest son liked the flavor but not all the fat. I was very happy with it and would do again
Thanks for looking

Back