THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
40-43 with 8 pars and a bunch of missed putts. Came home mixed 1# venison burger to 0.25# chopped brisket. Seasoned with KS and Oakridge Carne Crosta. Punched the button on the pellet cooker and grabbed a shower beer. No bun. Grainless chips. Some colorful veggies. More beer.

Last edited:
11 over on 10 holes with missed putts - good play. Don’t know about you but I LOVE to leave ‘em short. Plus you came home to a fine meal and the enjoyment of making it and some Modelo. Sounds like a “Grade A” day to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It really is a fun cooker. A friend of mine insists I’m cheating. Tis interesting. He’s kind of a purist stickburner (has two). Uses pecan & mesquite on B&B or Cowboy lump. He’s a helluva stick and a kitchen cook too.

Maybe he’s right.

But Im eating well.

It is a small cooker.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about giving DC a shot. What max size brisket do you think it could handle? Oh, and what cover did you get for it?

I'm thinking about giving DC a shot. What max size brisket do you think it could handle? Oh, and what cover did you get for it?

I’m using a waterproof Charbroil (rubber lined) cover.

Ive cooked a lot. Small cooks. I’ve not cooked a brisket yet. I’ve done small racks of spares, baby backs, two upright chickens side by side.

SWAG on brisket would be 8-10# full packer. That’s just a guess. Easily fit a point or a flat.

I’ve not looked but bet there are YouTube videos of it loaded up.

I paid 339$ including shipping- there are different packages online -Amazon.
Dealer might make you a better deal end of season.

After trimming I did a 12 pound packer on my DC. I did use a bowl in the middle because it was touching on both ends, but after a bit I removed the bowl and it fit fine.
I bought the cover Green Mountain sells for the DC, it's a quality cover never had any moisture penetrate. I noticed recently though that they may have changed the cover some.
I also did 5 racks of ribs in it the other weekend. Using a rib rack of course. 3 racks of babies and 2 racks of the SRF spares, cooker was full!

^^^^sounds like a fun cook. I’m pretty much out of the big cook game, just me and the Bride. I love to cook but was tiring of full freezers of leftovers. Going the one rack of ribs, small butt route.

So far it’s excelled at every cook.

I’ve only used B&B Hickory and Mesquite Pellets. I’m really pleased with the flavor these deliver. pellets produce.

Back