Pitmaster T - MKT solutions for BBQ and Burger Trailer

Pitmaster T

Babbling Farker
Well some more growth on the MKT project is evident.

First.... to many's dismay and even more of those in delight I am rejecting the "Funk" Theme for now and double downing on the Jive Roots.

So... I need to replace the "Popdaddy's" Font with something more period and some other details but I have a basic name I am going with and the logo.

sign.jpg

Nope

Jumpin Jive sign.jpg

No one would get it

Jumpin Jive  2 logo.jpg

Yes.... change some things and I got it

Next up was the hand sink and three bay sink issue.

I need a sink and three bay sink will have to be off deck but of course I do have one for that that rolls. So the hand sink is a must.

I have been using these:
10341446_683614208375501_2695743367150229866_n.jpg
094.jpg

MKT 59 Field ranges and they are "neat" but I cannot see me needing them (they are ovens that are kinda okay (really good for boiling large amounts of water or double jacketing soup. It has its own stand for them so if I add a set of wheels I can roll that too.... or on one of my ends I can set one or both up then shove them back when we fold up.

When that was done I bought a sink:

1800454_10205435491195610_6262680472162608943_n.jpg

My plan was to put it here:

090.jpg

But I have another problem.

I need a small ice well. I never thought of it but when I looked at it real close, under that cutting block was a portion that pulled out. From what I have heard no soldier has found a use for it other than a makeshift place to store cuttings and the dripping of a roast also pour in there. There is no drain. Sure, I thought of making it into a sink, its one formed piece for the "bowl" but I looked at it, pulled out some 1/4 pans and with a little trimming you can actually fit 6 of them with a spacer in between. THARRRR she blows.

So the next problem was that was a ****ty place for an ice well for sandwich assembly. I got to looking and I have this extra heavy cabinet that typically goes on the ground.

I wanted to put it on the rear end. But I could not because of the wheel well. But then I noticed if I cut out the sheet metal in the partitions of the long counter I could slide it back some... just enough to fit the 29 inch cabinet in.... I had to remove some handles, a strap holder and some rivets but got it done. And guess what..... there was just enough room for the other 18 inch counter - with ice well, with a flip up stainless counter.

10557497_10205442470570090_3910253430280229061_o.jpg
10830862_10205442469370060_3664359019505650506_o.jpg

So with the ice chest (which is segmented to take blocks) - if we include that.... that is over 160 inches of work space.

10623867_10205442468890048_2554481348148178677_o.jpg

I also have a report on Waffle House if I should post that here. I watched everything they did for a couple of rushes and learned quite a lot. It also made me realize how little of a set up I needed for burgers and breakfast and such for my purposes.

The ice chest is not shown.

Another thing. In the part where you see a missing drawer.... guess what... the warming drawer I bought and never used in 2008 on the Funkatorium, will fit perfect once that bottom bar is removed. So a carving station on the end with a meat warmer - or more storage for other panned foods in the drawer. Or....... tortillas and bread.

wolf-warming-drawer.jpg

looks like that but regular analog dial. WITH pans you see and lids.

So, now I need electricity... not much, but more than I thought I'd have. I have an ap wyott drop in hot well, the warming drawer, the 24-28 volt inverter will be converted to a dual battery, charge system (hold it--- I just realized I have an old power inverter and charger from the funkotorium). The reason for changin is the weak spot in the MBU burners is the invertor. IT is rare at 750 used. They are expensive because they are so quiet (radio noise I mean). I can run it off batts in a pinch... but I have a little 12 volt siren and the pumps for the water are 12 volt.

So who is knowledgeable about that? On both the AC and DC. It has hook ups I need to look in to already that are pretty decent as these mostly run on gen sets out in the muck.

Back