Pit Boss Surgery, Restocking Freezer & Thigh Cook

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
I had been putting off fixing the hot rod on my 5 series vertical for a few months, mostly due to the move and my tailgater worked fine. A little more complex to get to this hot rod for someone as "skilled" as myself :shock:.

Got that done this morning and have been restocking the vertical freezer that was emptied and thawed for the move.

Went to RD yesterday and got a 4 pack of spares, 40lbs of boneless skinless thighs and two 10lb packages of ground beef. Good prices on the ribs and beef, but thighs are still $2/lb which isn't bad, but I remember the days of $.70/lb thighs :icon_shy.

Then was randomly at Sams today and I've been holding off on brisket since rarely do I see it less than $4.50/lb, but they had a massive 24lb'er on clearance because the sell by date was yesterday so it was $3.82/lb. Still high, but man it is a really thick flat and great overall size :mrgreen:. I'll let that sucker wet age till I feel like cooking it.

Got the thighs and ribs broken down today and sealed up. Will cook about 15lbs tonight for dinner and to have frozen cooked chicken. Tomorrow I'll get the ground beef portioned out.

More to come on the 1st 5 series cook in a while with that chicken tonight.

K7raKJRl.jpg

5Ot7iBvl.jpg

xxd6DEel.jpg

8O2CH8El.jpg

tsIwm8Tl.jpg

QfPMHmAl.jpg

0VUeiggl.jpg

L838ZKhl.jpg

ALsjMatl.jpg

TVWFpnAl.jpg

Back