THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Doing another round of Pickle Mustard sausage :becky:. When our tiny human became the earth I went to RD the day after we got home and picked up a bunch of meat to make 5 types of sausage (60lbs). All those sausage recipes are now known as his sausages. One of them was a Pickle Mustard. I'm still working on all the spice ratio's since I've only made them each once, but the ingredients are the same.

This round I'm doing a little more pickle and mustard into the 10lb batch I'm making.

Got the #32 Grinder out along with 10lbs of pork trimmings from the freezer and ingredients
844uFgBl.jpg

NvJRIR1l.jpg

8zLfEh7l.jpg

Mixing up spices. Little pickle juice for the cook
0dCwZ8Fl.jpg

s6IPSipl.jpg

IkNJZPql.jpg

St1yocKl.jpg

Wife also wanted to make chili today so busted out some ground meat from the freezer. Chicken, beef and a breakfast pork (just to use it). So this is what she has going
BOoKpUNl.jpg

79ynKAAl.jpg

6yP9ueDl.jpg

Meat about to be be thawed enough to grind and will do that shortly. Happy Sat cooking :-D

Looks good. Bet the little one will love it on it these days. We had a cold front come in. It’s been chili all weekend!

Ya hopefully in the next few months we'll do some meat for him. He likes watching me make it :-D. Cooled off here which is nice.

Ya hopefully in the next few months we'll do some meat for him. He likes watching me make it :-D. Cooled off here which is nice.

My little boy turns two the 3rd of November. He never really ate much baby food. We read up on what is called baby led weanings. You basically feed them the food you eat just break it into smaller pieces and put it in front of them. They pick it up with their hands and eat it. Pretty neat thing and he is a dang good eater. I put a bowl of chili in front of him yesterday and a spoon and he ate it all by himself.

lookin good Jason!

My little boy turns two the 3rd of November. He never really ate much baby food. We read up on what is called baby led weanings. You basically feed them the food you eat just break it into smaller pieces and put it in front of them. They pick it up with their hands and eat it. Pretty neat thing and he is a dang good eater. I put a bowl of chili in front of him yesterday and a spoon and he ate it all by himself.

us November 3rd men are pretty hard headed and love our meat!

Ours is luckily crushing baby food. We are making our own since I find it easy and cook a lot anyways. So far so good. No teeth so have to puree everything and will do the same with meat hopefully within a few months.

Plan to run all types of food by him. No picky eaters allowed :becky:.

Nice work, and looks delicious, I bet the little one gets a kick out of seeing the sausage filling the casings.

The little guy will be on Iron Chef with this type of education, by 10 he can say he has been in the kitchen for a decade with pics to prove it!

That is awesome!

The little guy will be on Iron Chef with this type of education, by 10 he can say he has been in the kitchen for a decade with pics to prove it!

That is awesome!

Lol, yes that is the plan :becky:. He will definitely be able to cook for himself and then us so we can just sit on our butts :loco:

Back