THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
-starter smoked shrimp ramen soup (Phubar)

-main course umami brisket with Japanese rice and smoked stirPhry veggies (Phubar)

-dessert thin sliced kaki Phruit with kaki/yoghurt/mirin icecream and smoked nuts (Padawan)

Last Phriday I made my take on umami brisket.
A while back I saw this thread .
APhter a little googling I read this site .
Combined the two and made it my own.

BeePh bouillon

Made a beePh bouillon out of beePh shanks,onion,carrot,celery,tomato,garlic,salt,pepper.

-browned the beePh shanks in olive oil and butter
-got them out of the pan
-threw the veggies in with a bit of salt and brown them in the beePh Phat
-added a bit of water to release the brown bits on the bottom of the pan
-added beePh shanks and added more water and bayleafs
-aPhter a couple of hours simmering on low heat I got the beePh shanks out of the pan.
-I browned the beePh shanks again,added water and aPhter a hour simmering I added this back to the original pan with bouillon and simmered for a while
-sieved the bouillon,pressing most of the liquid ot of the veggies...saved the meat Phrom the beePh shanks
-put it in the Phridge overnight...next day scoop the Phat off the top
-smoked the beePh bouillon

Dashi

Made dashi out of broccolini stems,paksoi stem,shrimp shells,kombu,bonito Phlakes,dried shiitake,soy sauce,Phish sauce.

-rehydrating the dried shiitake for a couple of hours
-browned the broccolini stems,paksoi stem,shrimp shells in olive oil with some salt
-added water and let it simmer on low heat
-sieved it and pressing most liquid out of the veggies and shrimp shells
-aPhter cooling put the kombu and rehydrated shiitake (with the water in has been sitting in) in the shrimp bouillon and let it come up to the boil
-sieved the dashi and saved the kombu and shiitake for the brisket
-added bonito Phlakes to the dashi and let it sit on low heat without stirring
-aPhter letting it sit on low heat for 20 minutes or so sieved the dashi and saved the bonito Phlakes for the brisket
-Phlavoured it with soy sauce and a Phew drops of Phish sauce
-part of the dashi was smoked for the ramen soup and part was saved for the brisket

Brisket Phlat

-rubbed it with course seasalt and cracked black pepper
-let it sit for a hour
-put it in a ziploc bag with a bit of teriyaki sauce
-marinated it 2 days
-moved it Phrom the ziploc,padded it dry
-rubbed it with mixture that contains nori,wakame and other ingredients that were grinded in a pestle and mortar
-smoked the brisket for a couple of hours till the IT was 75C and the brisket had a nice colour
-put the brisket in an oven dish with the beePh bouillon,dashi,ginger,garlic,red Spanish pepper...also the cooked bonito Phlakes,kombu and shiitake and cover the ovendish with Phoil.
-put the ovendish with the brisket back on the smoker till the brisket is probe tender
-covered the brisket in Phoil and put it in a small styroPhoam box to let it rest for a while
-sieved the liquid Phrom the ovendish and simmered it...used this liquid to pour over the brisket,rice and veggies when plated

Shrimp ramen soup

Got the link Phrome here.

-marinated the shrimp with the same rub as the brisket...smoked the shrimps
-cooked the egg noodles in dashi
-put the noodles in a bowl and added dashi
-topped it off with soPht boiled egg,scallion,smoked shiitake,green of paksoi,grilled broccolini,smoked shrimps

StirPhry veggies

-smoked the white Phrom the paksoi with some shiitake,celery and red Spanish pepper
-heated up some oil on low heat and added garlic,ginger,Smoke red Spanish pepper
-added smoked white Phrom paksoi,smoked celery,white Phrom scallion,broccolini
-aPhter a couple of minutes added the non smoked white Phrom the paksoi,the greens Phrom the scallion,and greens Phrom paksoi
-little splash of dashi and Phish sauce

Japanese rice

-cooked the Japanese rice in dashi

Kaki dessert

-smoked some nuts
-grounded up a kaki Phruit,mixed it with yoghurt,Japanese rice wine and mirin...put it away in the Phreezer and stirred occasionally for a couple of hours
-thinly slice the other kaki Phruit
-arrange the thin slices of kaki Phruit on a plate,put a dullop of the kaki icecream in the middle,sprinkle the smoked nuts over the plate,sprinkle some mirin and a bit of salt over the plate

Out of this world Phu!

Thanks for the awesome pix and the details - this Pharker is getting bookmarked!

Have you ever Phooled with this stuPh? I used it on a shoulder clod a Phew weeks back and really liked what it did Phor the Phlavor - I used it in a spritz.

photo-1936.jpg

Very nicely done! :clap2:

Back