THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I dont want to link any dealer specifically but this is from one dealers Facebook page
Well big news in the Green Mountain world. August 1st 2014 there will be some changes. Pricing is the big one.. There going down. That's right down!!! The standard Daniel Boone is going to be $599. That's $160 bucks cheeper. How did they do it? They are buying metal cheep because there buying more & parts are being made buy machines not people. Good for us not for the worker. Most all of you bought grills from me with a $100 discount so it comes out to about the same price. Now you don't have to watch for a sale anymore. Now for the cool news. You now can get a grill that you can control with your smart phone. You will be able to set temps, cook times, and save them on you phone for the next time you want to cook the same thing again. I will keep you updated as I find out more.

And on another forum for pellet cookers( I know Why am I even looking at another forum:oops:) the price is not discussed because apparently GMG wanted this to be quiet but everything else is being confirmed by dealers.

Just a bit to add though we were looking hard at the GMG Friday and the dealer, who is also a friend and a well known BBQ supply store didnt say anything about this to us.
Yeah, the price was suppose to be kept a secret until it was officially announced in August.

I know you are looking for the economy model - but I have to say that there is a world of difference between an American built insulated pellet grill from Cookshack versus an uninsulated Chinese cooker from Traeger.... I can't count the number of inexpensive cookers I have purchased and given away; compared to paying for quality and keeping it for 20+ years.

I know you are looking for the economy model - but I have to say that there is a world of difference between an American built insulated pellet grill from Cookshack versus an uninsulated Chinese cooker from Traeger.... I can't count the number of inexpensive cookers I have purchased and given away; compared to paying for quality and keeping it for 20+ years.

What is the uninsulated model from China? Might be time to cancel an order.

And the good news is.... I ordered the Jr. Elite from Ace and got it for $350. They called somebody about the China thing and I was assured that it was made in America! And it has a full guarantee.

And the good news is.... I ordered the Jr. Elite from Ace and got it for $350. They called somebody about the China thing and I was assured that it was made in America! And it has a full guarantee.

If it does matter to you, all Traeger's are now produced in China. Has been that way for 5 or 6 years now.

Ummm no..... However it is still a good grill for the price.

I recently saw on pellet heads dot com where someone was running a special on Englander grills $999 shipped to your door. This is the non-stainless version of the FEPG500 which is an awesome smoker/grill.

Back