Padawan and Phubar's Trip to CaliPhornia Day 15

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
Lunch at Kogi's and cooking dinner for GTR's Phamily.

The founder of Kogi's (Roy Choi) is a revolusionist when it comes to food trucks.
Also he had a small part in the movie Chef with Jon Favreau.

Must say that his Pacman burger (named after the boxer Pacquiao) was the best thing I have had in a while.
Sorry for the sloppy shots but I've got some better pics...last day in Cali I had to go back to taste again and take better shots of the burger.
Padawan had the Kogi dog which was tasty as well (no pic).
Also had a portion of Ooey Gooey fries...some very tasty drunk Phood this was.
And I had a Sriracha chocolate bar...very tasty but I couldn't taste the Sriracha.

For dinner we had rolled up Phlap steaks...these were marinated in salt,pepper,dried herbs (oregano/thyme/rozemary),olive oil,lime juice.
As a side we made couscous (cooked in a whatever bouillon I made),smoked zucchini,smoked cashew nuts,sundried tomatoes,goat cheese.

Another killer dinner! The Phlap meat was incredible. I know Phu likes to roll and smoke things, and it worked out very nicely Phor this stuPh. The couscous was also amazing - a great combo of Phlavors.

IMG_5831.jpg

IMG_5830.jpg

IMG_5835.jpg

The ooey gooey Phries at Kogi are ridiculous - totally worth getting Phat. I've been eating at the Kogi truck every week for years and I'm stoked they opened a brick & mortar in our 'hood - and it's open 'till 11pm. :whoo: I've had everything on the menu there and love every bit oPh it, but I think the Pacman burger is my Phavorite with the Kogi dog a close second. I used to buy 5 sriracha bars a week. :shocked: This was the #1 spot I wanted Phu and Padawan to check out while they were here - it's special stuPh IMO.

Really enjoying remembering these great times with these posts, Phu - thanks Phor putting 'em up! :clap2:

@GTR:I'm very glad you took us to Kogi's!
Thanks for the added pics!

Your pic of the plate looks better...I think Padawan snook some avocado through the couscous as well.:p

Damnit...now I want a Pacman burger!
Must recreate it somewhat in my way I guess...

Your trip and especially the write - up and pics from everyone was epic!
I just wonder - did you bring the Go Anywhere, or was that GTR'S?
We know you are the GA Master!

Glad I caught these pic's! Phubar is the Master of the Weber GA. Love seeing it used like no other! All the Phood looks Phantastic!

Your trip and especially the write - up and pics from everyone was epic!
I just wonder - did you bring the Go Anywhere, or was that GTR'S?
We know you are the GA Master!

That'd be my WGA. Phu's had one of those super cool Marty Leach wooden handles on it.

Looks like I need another trip to California. Apparently missed a few places.

Thanks for the amazing travelogue of y'all's holiday.

Back