oops

our redirection is a challenge. there are thousands of links out in the wild point to urls in the old forum. They have to be redirected back here using the new thread and ID number. If i cant get the redirection done properly we will appear broken to google, and thats very bad.

otherwise.. yup.. were generally good.

I seem to have a permission problem getting in to N&P. I get this:

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Mine is fixed. Was able to post, then it showed as private, now I can get back in again.

Permissions will be a little wonky for a while. its slow going. Do one, test, fix, start over. Ive deleted alot of permission groups and starting clean. After 20 years, the old stuff was like a spider web with a bunch of dead flies in it. Just let me know what you see broken and ill move it to front of list.

Patience Grasshoppers.

Nothing wrong with a little break from N&P for a bit.

I can't get into N&P or Guns and Ammo either.
I was able to previously, during/after the migration, but not now.
I go into preferences and don't have a way to change the permissions to allow entry to these forums. There is just a blank box without any select-able options.

I can't get into N&P or Guns and Ammo either.
I was able to previously, during/after the migration, but not now.
I go into preferences and don't have a way to change the permissions to allow entry to these forums. There is just a blank box without any select-able options.
Just type yes into the box and click save at the bottom. You should have access within 20 minutes. Phil has a script that runs every 20 minutes to update the security.

Just type yes into the box and click save at the bottom. You should have access within 20 minutes. Phil has a script that runs every 20 minutes to update the security.
That was it.
I had started to do that but figured that was way too easy.

Thanks

Little redirection problem this morning.. my bad.
Since the message said you're messing with DNS... The hosting company should have instructions on how to add a private domain name. I have a website setup for my son's auto shop, their instructions were to create a CNAME and point it to the name they created for the site.

If you're going to have multiple domain names, just make sure each CNAME points to an A record, either FQDN or IP Address. Never point a CNAME to another CNAME.

If you do point it to a FQDN, make sure you have a period . at the end of the FQDN, otherwise it will add the current domain name as a suffix to the entry.

If you do point it to a FQDN, make sure you have a period . at the end of the FQDN, otherwise it will add the current domain name as a suffix to the entry.

i think thats what i did wrong.

Since the message said you're messing with DNS... The hosting company should have instructions on how to add a private domain name. I have a website setup for my son's auto shop, their instructions were to create a CNAME and point it to the name they created for the site.

If you're going to have multiple domain names, just make sure each CNAME points to an A record, either FQDN or IP Address. Never point a CNAME to another CNAME.

yeaha.. ihave to add some instructions that just say 'type yes". ive been getting alot of weird answers.

Back