THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Hey you with the face!
https://busybeaver.com/amateur-gril...orJhVJchpZvfeZMeqBkfkmgzqsE3TT9OACFBmFQz1CmU8

I stopped competing and always intended to come back. I always wanted to eventually up the number from more than 1 a year. Kind of just faded out of it. Got an autism diagnosis with my daughter and never really quit or said it out loud at least. Kind of just happened.
I don't want to say this is the end of the road because that would make it permanent but honestly it is probably going to be the last I ever get to compete.
This one is free to compete and $1,000 top prize so kind of hard to say no to.
I guess I just want to say thanks to all you folks for putting up with my arse over the years and for all help I have gotten.

Great to see you again Rusty! Give it a shot. Never know.

I totally understand. We haven't competed since a backyard contest in 2019. Last KCBS in 2018. Kids, work, COVID kept us from competing. Doing a local contest in a couple weeks and am stoked.

Hope everything goes well with you and your family in the future. Don't be a stranger

If this is your last contest, please be sure to take a bunch of dim grainy pictures to share with us here :razz:

I will get the best dim grainy pictures I can get. :mrgreen: Maybe they will even be blurry too.
I don't think I will be competing again but never say never.

I feel the same way about a lot of things that I no longer have time for that I used to enjoy. I reason with myself that I am now doing things that I need to do rather than things that I like to do, and since most of it is for family reasons and necessity, I am content. I know that you probably see it the same way, so enjoy these rare times you can compete and enjoy the rest of the things you do as the things that benefit your family. Good luck!!

Back