Nor Cal Bash and some 'strangers'

landarc

somebody shut me the fark up.
As many know, Phubar and Padawan are touring California, hanging with GTR and grabbing as many experiences are they can. This past weekend, they came up to Nor Cal, and we decided to have a 'Bash'. I got some photos.

And since this is in Q-talk, I'll mention that I cooked a brisket, it was cooked at 275°F, in a UDS. On to the photos.

guys1_zpsyat2nhok.jpg

Amongst the many guests of honor

marty_zps8akjej5q.jpg

Marty Leach, manning his cook station, who basically, never left this spot, other than to grab beers.

collard_zpscap9fmhw.jpg

Marty's collards, yes, Nor Cal has collards.

rig_zpsbshxvmcj.jpg

Bart's Blazin' Q (BBQ_PD) had his catering rig out and running. This is a fantastic rig to cook on, with a Backwoods, Santa Maria and Pitts and Spitts offset all ready to go.

annie_zpsli3sz1bp.jpg

Annie (Padawan) making a lasagna

jalapenos_zpstsvdf4ar.jpg

A gift from So Cal. These were monster pickled jalapenos. Outstanding stuff. And I forgot who sent them :doh:. Hopefully GTR will chime in.

loins_zpsjcemlntb.jpg

These were fantastic tenderloins

chile_zpsh2r8bfq9.jpg

Pulled pork chile colorado, with 15 Hatch chiles, Groundhog66 provided this very tasty dish

lamb_zpsp2kjjs0x.jpg

R2Egg2Q provided these incredible lamb chops, meat lollies of the highest order.

beefrib_zps6plpfhhn.jpg

Some really meaty beef backribs, not sure who brought them, maybe R2 also?

brisket_zpsubgfjdmm.jpg

Finally, the brisket, which I brought, and although a little overcooked, it worked out fine. Incidentally, those chunks are what I call Burnt Ends. Crispy, melting tender on the inside, no sauce at all.

This is just a tiny bit of the food that was there, I never did get a photo of the whole table. And SirPorkalot brought a killer bone-on pork loin, that I have several blurry, useless photos of. Likely because I was eating it as I was taking photos.

I got a burnt end! :whoo: The rest of it was great as well. I mean, I didn't eat the whole rest of it - just bits of point and flat.

IMG_5760.jpg

campdude made the pickled jalapenos. I'll be checking them out now that I'm back at the house and have home court advantage.

Bob - it was great to meat you yesterday and hopefully I'll see you again before too long. What a great gathering! By all means holler if you're ever down this way.

btw here's a shot you wouldn't be able to get. I noticed that was a cool farkin knife.

IMG_5759.jpg

It was a honor to meet you Onii-Chan!
Thanks for the brisket, it was very tasty!

We ended up slicing the smoked Asian pear and put a cube of porkbelly on it...worked out pretty good...thanks for the advice!

I posted some photos in the bash thread, but for the sake of keeping it all in one place.....

Landarc and the Cabo he was generous enough to supply

picture.php

Phubar & Padawan putting together an amazing lasagna

picture.php

The lasagna

picture.php

R2eggQ2 putting the lamb-sicles on the egg, Mrs. R2eggQ2 & Q-Junkie looking on

picture.php

Landarc's brisket

picture.php

An assortment of Brethen & Sistrens

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I didn't get a lot of photos of the phood, but that is because my face was in it most of the time.

Great time, great people!

Wow you guys put out a great spread, looks like a really great time.

Looks like a lot of fun...who knows one day this Southern boy might just pop in to one of those bashes....always wanted to visit California !!!

Back