THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

capinbuck

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
SP
Long time lurker - I have enjoyed the content of this forum for several years now. As a member of the Brethren, look forward to learning more and hopefully having an opportunity to contribute/share for the benefit of others.

I predominantly grill over charcoal and occasionally smoke with a charcoal-based smoker or kettle (currently have a Hunsaker drum and 22” Performer + SNS and vortex). I also like cooking with wood in the 700F range: making pizza in my wood-fired pizza oven.

My grandmother gave me her ‘70s era yellow Weber kettle back in the 1990s when she bought a gas grill. I fell in love with cooking over hot coals on that little thing. I used it for several years before hacking it into my first pizza oven. (Desecrating that vintage grill is source of deep regret.)

So, I am mostly a griller and baker but always hoping to improve my smoking game, since I do it somewhat infrequently. I really aspire to hit the “clean” smoke from BBQ joints that cook over wood and achieve that sorta "je ne sais quoi” woodsmoke flavor.

Anyway, I appreciate this site and the helpfulness of folks here!

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Mostly a friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Back