New drum cookers on market

We have 2 Hunsakers and 2 clones built from parts supplied from Mark Hunsaker.

I have a Gateway clone built with parts from Smokerbuilder.com/UDSParts.com that I use a Hunsaker Vortex Firebasket in. It will soon be modified with a Hunsaker thermo/stack and it can and has been Guru'd with excellent results.

Also have a BPS Drum that has a Guru adapter and the Hunsaker Thermo/stack exhaust and a Vortex basket. That is one tightassed can! Wired up and puffing all 3 temp monitors are within a few degrees of each other.

I'm sure whatever drum anyone chooses will be the right choice. I've made mine and happy with them all!

I saw some drums last year that looked pretty wild........had like a hammered steel look and looked quite large. I think it was on facebook though and they were just coming together as a final product. Anyone know who makes them. They looked amazing.

I build and sell the Sweet Smoke QDS and temperature controller in house in Florida. I have been using them in 165 competitions for over 7 years. I’ve been selling a similar version locally for the last 7 years. I decided that it was time to give it an appearance upgrade and advertise them. There are many good drums and drum kits to build yourself out there. I’ve had lots of questions in the last few weeks since I’ve posted them on social media.

This smoker is made from new carbon steel drums that are powder coated. Powder coating is a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint and will withstand higher heat. This smoker easily operates from 175 degrees all the way up to 500 plus degrees so you can cook “low and slow” or “hot and fast” with simply setting your desired temperature on the Auto Temperature Controller.

Includes:
New Carbon Steel 55 gallon drum powder coated in 4 Standard Colors: Blue, Black, Red, or Gray (additional colors available)
Auto Temperature Controller
2 Cooking Racks
3 Cooking Levels
Large Charcoal Basket with Ash Pan
11 Gauge Steel Heat Deflector
Steel Lid Hinge
Removable Lid
Adjustable Center Exhaust Stack
Welded Side Handles
Welded Steel Legs

This smoker is designed to be ran off a temperature controller and yes it can be used with other brands of controllers with an additional adapter. If you are worried about a power failure I will be offering a battery backup.

I have cooked on drums that don’t use controllers and they work fine but I don’t have worry about adjusting valves to get the temperatures I want. This system is like setting an oven, set your temperature and forget it.

I met Tim and Terri at a contest in 2013, this was the first time I ever seen or heard about their drums and we talked about both of the drums. We are good friends and will not say anything negative about theirs. I really don’t think you’ll go wrong cooking on any brand of drum, it all comes down to what options you’d like to have.

Back