THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As far as the wind issues, if you run into them, there are a number of 'hacks' out there on the Blackstone groups.

I went with the 'hanging scrapers'. Case of stainless steel scrapers runs $24 at Dollar Tree and you need scrapers anyway.

I use 6 of them hanging on the sides, 3 on each side, when I turn it on and they are the perfect size to keep the wind from hitting the flames. Just be careful not to touch them until it's cooled down. $6 solution.

https://www.dollartree.com/cooking-concepts-stainless-steel-chopper-scrapers/226405

I stopped using flaxseed oil after I had an issue with it going rancid and smelling of fish. I now use Avocado oil, I’ve been pretty happy with it. Flash point is high and its flavor neutral so not getting off flavors.

Back