Neighborhood cook off/reason to party

Pig_Farmer

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Carl
I have been hosting a rib cook off in my neighborhood for around 7 years. Each person that enters the rib cook off must make at least 2 racks of pork ribs (must be smoked). Then we have a second meat, and that one can be smoked or grilled. The second meat varies from year to year. This year was tri tip. The Grand Champion gets to pick next year's second meat. Everything is voted on by people's choice. We also have an appetizer and dessert category. This year we had our best turn out yet. We ended up with 8 ribs entries, 5 tri tip entries, 2 apps, and 7 dessert entries. This year I got to finally meet Marc (Shadow Driver) for the first time. He also brought his awesome family, and of course he brought the Munchkin. She is the sweetest kid. He also brought some ribs and tri tip to enter. Along with Marc, Scott (Frkyrprk) and his wife showed up. Scott was our appetizer winner. It was great to have a couple of Brethren show up and hang out. And of course there was plenty to drink. Thank you Scott and Marc for making it an awesome day. Great food and great people. Not sure why the pics won't download. I'll try to download later.

Back