THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dizzyBBQ18

Knows what a fatty is.
I have an offset smoker and the only one I have is centered on the cooking chamber lid.
should I add another one by the entrance of the fire box and cook chamber and add one in the center of the fire box lid?
I usually am pretty good with keeping the temp good w just the one but am just wondering if anymore is necessary? What's a good place if I need to get another?
I'm looking to but the food grade food grade rtf for the fire box but not sure it'll be ok w a temp max of 650.
Ill probably get the food safe gasket for the cook chamber and that is maxed out at 500f w adhesive that should be ok.
I'm paranoid on the safety of these adhesives.
I'd use the 650f adhesive for all around the smoker cover the Galesburg like I said for the fire box I probably can't huh?. Thanks

JM2C you only need 1 Accurate thermometer on your pit and it should be registering the grate temp. I'M not a RTV & gasket type I have a Welder.

Back