Need Ideas for Daughters B-Day Cook - 25 people

SweetBlue

Knows what a fatty is.
About ten years ago I fell into this musical rut where EVERYTHING I’d play on guitar would suddenly turn into Pawn Shop by Sublime. It.was.awful. So awful in fact I just had to quit playing guitar for a year.

I’m finding myself in a similar rut with cooking for my kids b-day party. Every year it seems like it’s pulled pork. Maybe brisket. I need help!!!

Does anyone have any recommendations on what to cook for a large group of about 25 people? I have a BGE so not too much space. But I’m willing to do a not Q related cook.

Thanks
-Matt

^^^^ also a variety of good quality sausages pork, beef, chicken are always a hit with party goers. You can get a lot on your egg, easy to do and the result will be delicious.

Rib roast. A bit pricier than pulled pork but it's an easy cook and almost sure to be a hit.

Best of both worlds. Tri Tip from samsclub (comes pre marinated, has lots of flavor and sliced thin would make excellent pit beef if thats what you are shooting for. Toss 2 on there and that should be penty for 25 ppl

2 tri-tips for 25 people? My wife and I damn near kill a 3#er...with a little left over for next day.

Depends on the age group.BGE has it's place but cooking for a large crowd ain't it.Build a makeshift firepit and let them do dawgs and s'mores over the pit while you cook a few burgers " slider size" on the BGE.

Depends on the age group.BGE has it's place but cooking for a large crowd ain't it.Build a makeshift firepit and let them do dawgs and s'mores over the pit while you cook a few burgers " slider size" on the BGE.

As CG pointed out, age of the kids is a factor. Are they old enough to wow with something really good? If not, the KISS principle would be best.

Approximate ratio of adults to kids at the party?

Saw this 2XL BGE at a dealer a few years ago. The plastic turkey in it looked to be about the size of a 14#. Pretty sure you could build a restaurant around it. $4500 with the stand.

20150321.jpg

Back