Naturiffic Mongolian T-Rex ribs / PrOn heavy

Al Czervik

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Scott/Mongo
I've been on the hunt for full beef plate ribs for years and finally found some recently at Costco. Without further ado, to follow is my maiden voyage of smoking one of the two up.

Cast of players, start time and atmospheric conditions:

tjUd0XF.jpg

Trimmed of silver skin and excess fat:

onLVwZE.jpg

Seasoned with John's kick-ass Q-Salt:

MV8gxhd.jpg

10 degrees is perfect BBQ weather, no?

j9BYAYX.jpg

Settled in at 275:

GLs0y0P.jpg

On it goes at 8:00 AM:

wYKL68U.jpg

2 hours in:

XzcSPrD.jpg

4 hours in:
VTBhWEA.jpg

6 hours in:
zPb11TJ.jpg

8 hours in:
SNTT3a0.jpg

Off at 10 hours and time for a rest:

BBtuvFp.jpg

QMPTGkx.jpg

Sliced after 45 minutes:

NVmd98h.jpg

Viola...accompanied by spuds and green beans with bacon:

P6EJ9Hh.jpg

I can neither confirm or deny that I polished off the entire plate, but will say I was comfortably numb for the rest of the night once I waddled away from the table. Thanks for tuning in if you made it this far.

:mrgreen:

Bravo, Mongo! I know you've been looking for those beef ribs for a while, and glad you finally found some.

That's a wonderful plate of goodness that has "comfort food" written all over it!

:thumb:

Hell yes! Perfection.

10* is pretty comfortable q weather. :nod: Especially when you're killing it like that.

Thanks for all the kind words, my fellow brethren… it looks like I missed the entry deadline for the Comfort Food TD, but I already have enough goose eggs from previous TDs so no sweat. :laugh:

I still don’t have my sense of smell or taste back from doing battle with the vid, but was told by my family they tasted great. I will however admit it they could have rendered a bit longer in the thicker parts, but as a first try I’m fairly pleased. I still have the other plate left uncooked, and another two pack in the freezer on deck. Practice makes perfect, right… :mrgreen:

Mongo, after reviewing your mouth watering post here, I see no evidence of Mongols, Mongolian spices or seasoning techniques, nor even Mongolian BBQ. You might want to hurry up and explain...

iu

That is a beautiful looking cook, I am just disappointed that you couldn't taste them, and I can imagine how you felt about it. Fortunately, you have more:clap:

Prepared by Mongo = Mongolian :loco:

As I was typing my post, I began to wonder if that was a possibility, but why pass up an opportunity to Moose your thread? :biggrin1:

Nonetheless, I like where you've gone with this and think an avatar and signature refresh could be most timely. :idea:

Also, sorry to hear your sense of taste and smell has not quite returned yet, but hope it will soon!

Back