THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Oklahoma Joe Highland. I paid 295$. Full retail. It’s thin. It won’t last forever nor be handed down to next generation. However I’m going to do my best to make it last 5/7 years. It’s amazingly easy to manage a steady temp. Drafts like a charm. I prefer to not eat Canola Oil. I’m trying to stay ahead of paint peeling firebox and the inevitable rust if you expose bare metal to the elements. Kind of use the spray Canola like you would a can of Pledge on wood furniture.
Spray On Wipe Off. Works best when still quite warm from a cook. An excuse for one more beer, if an excuse is needed. Anyway I’ll be giving every attempt to give my COS a multi year lifespan

I love looking at the cooks with the high end offsets. At the risk of repeating myself “an offset cooker screams Texas BBQ”

Last edited:
Amen. I keep mine out in the backyard covered and after 2+ years, it looks to last far more than 5/7. Like you say, it cooks well despite the price and metal gauge. How old is yours? Looks like brand new.

Amen. I keep mine out in the backyard covered and after 2+ years, it looks to last far more than 5/7. Like you say, it cooks well despite the price and metal gauge. How old is yours? Looks like brand new.

Purchased February 2021

Nice. You need to get it dirty and you need to add more beer. I had one like that. My first smoker. Got it as a Birthday gift. Had a lot of fun with it

I went looking this morning at cheap offsets. You chudds first build vid was 1/8th. Seems to me if you clean out the ash, keep it oiled and keep it covered you can keep it for awhile. I’m intrigued by the new char grills. But really hoping a Klose comes up cheap.

My $199.99 Pit Boss 820 has been going strong for 4 years, showing no signs of rusting out. I could easily see it lasting another 4 years.

Looks nice Adams!
My horizontal wood burner could use a bit of attention. Heck, so could some of my others. lol

I have that same offset, I have done some pretty good Q on it. Not sure if I agree about keeping easy steady temps though lol.

Looking good! Honestly one of my favorite parts of the cook is oiling my smoker back up and seeing it shine - mainly because this is usually done at night and it's a good time to relax (and indulge in an additional beer like you said).

Very nice...I bought my OK Joe about 4 years ago, have had some rust, sanded and repainted but I agree 100%, it holds temps very well and draft great. Have been turning out a lot of good food with it!! BTW...bought mine at the end of the season from Walmart for $145.

Back