My 2nd Prime Brisket smoking experience!!!

Wooow. Great job letting it roll at the stall. No need to panic, just crack another beer and let it roll.

I have to say, that was a nice video too. Although it did provoke an odd feeling. Almost needed a NSFW warning :)

Thanks everyone for the comments! The BBQ bug bit me good. Can't wait for my next smoke. :)

Decided my next smoke will be beef spare ribs aka Dino ribs ( official order name - imps123a or namp123a). Probably ordering these off of snake river farms or if someone who lives near Los Angeles wants to take me to restaurant depot, I could do that too lol

Wow - looks delicious! And, great photos / video. We don't have a Costco here but I have considered traveling 1:15 to one to try a prime brisket. I get my choice from Sams but really want to try a Prime.

Daniel, great looking brisket.

As far as the Beef Ribs go, you'll want Beef Short Rib Plates. I have never bothered trying to get Primes, the regular seem to have enough fat in them. If your local grocery sells the multi-Pak of several short singles, they probably get the plates and cut them. You can ask for the whole, uncut plate. If not, spend $35 and join KCBS, print out the coupon, and go to Restaurant Depot.

Dammmmmm thay looks serious

What wood did you use? How many chunks ?

I used 3 pieces of hickory and 3 pieces of pecan. Each one half a fist size. Placed one pecan and one hickory together in front of the vent.

Back