Moo. Moo? Mooooo!

Beef ribs look awesome, why would anyone mess around with pork ribs after looking at these? Beef ribs are king of all ribs hands down.

I'm going to have to stay out of here. I do love some Beef Ribs, now the devil is tempting me all over again. I don't think I've digested them rib eyes yet. Looks like they were cooked for me Guerry:-D

They were dusted with Cattleman's Coffee Chipotle rub, then onto the Akorn using lump and Kingsford comp and a couple chunks citrus wood, at about 230 degrees for (About) a couple hours when I bumped it up to 325 to finish off. Total time was only a little over 3.5 hours at which point they had a very nice bark and probed VERY tender. Fit 6 little racks on my Weber rib rack thingie.

I would love to try them out. Thank you for taking the time to provide the details.

I had never cooked the little back ribs before. I think I'll be cooking them again. :thumb:
I have never cooked ones that short, either. I just picked up some like that today-on clearance. I will follow your process for them.
EDIT I just looked up that rub. It has sugar as the first ingredient, I've never used a sweet rub on beef. How was it?

I have never cooked ones that short, either. I just picked up some like that today-on clearance. I will follow your process for them.
EDIT I just looked up that rub. It has sugar as the first ingredient, I've never used a sweet rub on beef. How was it?

We thoroughly enjoyed them and I did not even notice them being sweet, per se. These ribs do have a secondary membrane under a very heavy fat layer on the back though which I did not remove after getting rid of the surface membrane. They're very fatty raw but most of it rendered out during the cook. You might want to ponder removing the fat and second membrane or just leave it like I did.

We thoroughly enjoyed them and I did not even notice them being sweet, per se. These ribs do have a secondary membrane under a very heavy fat layer on the back though which I did not remove after getting rid of the surface membrane. They're very fatty raw but most of it rendered out during the cook. You might want to ponder removing the fat and second membrane or just leave it like I did.
Thanks. I do intend to trim off most of the tallow. Any membrane I find always has to go on ribs.

Back