6th Place: $80
7th Place: $70
8th Place: $60
9th Place: $50
10th Place: $50
$6300 Total
There is still time to sign up!!
http://www.ribfestnh.com
http://www.kcbs.us/event/5429/rockn-ribfest-2015 The Kansas City Barbeque Society

Last edited:
In my opinion you are paying too deep and the draw of good grand and reserve grand prizes escapes you. Again its only my opinion but I think others will see it the same way. With $6300 in prize money most would expect your grand to pull 2K and your reserve like $1250. If you pay to fifth 250-200-150-100-50 would equal $750 which times 4 would be $3000 and would leave you $3300 for grand and reserve. Thats 2K and $1300 respectively. Its nice to think about paying deep but seems nothing more than Little League where everyone gets a participation trophy.

Good luck with your event I hope it is grand.

here is the opinion I posted on Facebook
this contest should go the way of the dinosaurs...many late night tales of teams being abused, trying to extort money from teams for burn marks in grass ...HORRIBLE payouts...they get what they deserve...we came from LI to do this contest a few years back took 3rd in ribs and got $27.50...we paid for hotel the night after the contest and that $27.50 didn't even cover the cost of ordering Dominoes pizza...please dont try to save it!!! boycott it!!!

If this contest was serious about being "team friendly" the prize payout would have been decided and announced BEOFRE the season started ...not 5 days before the actual contest...still trying to milk the teams and now they see that the teams aren't falling for it so they are back pedaling...DON'T fall for it!! BOYCOTT IT!!

many late night tales of teams being abused, trying to extort money from teams for burn marks in grass ...HORRIBLE payouts...they get what they deserve...

We've heard these stories, which is one of the reasons why, despite this contest being about 10 miles from my house, we're heading to OOB this weekend for Smokin at the ball park.

In my opinion you are paying too deep and the draw of good grand and reserve grand prizes escapes you.

With only 16 teams signed up, paying the top five would make more sense. On the other hand changing the prize pool AGAIN 3 days before the event would not help their reputation. :tape:

only ten sites reserved on their web page...some received an email yesterday morning that said 12... who knows at this point maybe they woo'ed some teams from the south like they did last year..

Back