Memorial Day Ribs

kevinstaggs

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Kevin
Not much going on around the casa today. G-kids headed over around supper time to swim and eat. Might as well be ribs, right?

Didn't have anything thawed so I ran to the store. Thanks to the great supply chain we're running around here, I had to get 1 rack of baby backs and 1 St. Louis. No big deal. I like 'em both.

Ginned the 'ole MAK up to 245F running some BBQR's Delight Competition Blend (pecan + cherry). My first time w/ these pellets. Held temps perfectly. I'd say the smoke volume was light-med, with a nice flavor. Used a rub from Van's BBQ - family owned joints (4 I think) in OK. Basic brown sugar, SPG, chili powder rub - reliable for sure.

I held the babies back for 1hr, trying to get them to finish together. On the grill they look like this:

Several hours later they looked like this:

Sorry, I didn't get a shot of both racks. I'm just an unreliable camera guy.

Long to short, we added some beans and coleslaw. Of course we served them on our expensive Okie china.

Thanks for looking.

Excellent! Nothing wrong with some ribs. I enjoy cookin them since they are relatively fast and can take on tons of flavor.

Thanks everyone. They were fun to cook and we really enjoyed an afternoon/evening outside with the fam. The food was just a bonus.

Back