Meat price tracking app, similar to Gas Buddy

I have developed this app. I am currently testing it in the Canadian market with a website and iOS app.the costs have been several thousand dollars already. To be honest I am disappointed in the low level of interest in the app. The U.S. market is ten times the size, which translates to much more cost to develop and a whole lot more time to monitor.

It works the exact same as GASBUDDY. I am open to suggestions for any improvements or suggested ways to market it. I am holding back the .com version for the U.S. But for those that are interested the ios app is Meat Deal Finder and the website is http://meatdealfinder.ca

Don't give up!!! I will download it as soon as Android version is available! I understand it is a lot of work and expense... Perhaps some of our fellow brethren will download it and help you out. You might even be able to find people on this board who'd be willing to pitch in with the moderating and development.

Keep us updated about the progress.

After the little bit of outpouring of support this afternoon I have found an application developer and it looks like this will definitely be something that will rollout soon. It looks like that it will be out sometime before Christmas. The only thing that I can find as being a problem is underwriting expense of having somebody professional develop the app. In other words, the app will cost something in order to pay for the proper development and maintenance of the application. Anybody care to share what a fair price for this app would be through iTunes Google play?

Anything more than 99 cents is too much, and really you need it to be free in order to get as many people on it as possible. The app is only as good as the data, so you need users. You can always include ads to cover costs. Also don't forget that you will need to run servers to collect and share the data which is an ongoing cost after you have paid for the app development. It isn't too hard of an app to build, so maybe the developer would do it for a share of the ad revenue.

App developers are a dime a dozen, make sure you are working with a good one or you may waste time and money.

Back