Meat Grinder

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
My El Cheapo Gander Branded I think LEM bit the dust sometime back. I miss fresh ground beef that I control the ingredients. Cutters both independent and commercial I've been finding bone frag. It's not just beef but also in pork cuts. Ground Brisket is the exception so far as I've yet to find anything in ground Brisket than meat and fat. Pondering on my walk, seriously thinking on my bike ride. Now sipping a beer and totally committed to another grinder that is good quality/low cost. My first thought was a Carnivore from Cabela's. WOW read their reviews. Not flattering, specifically parts issues. So trying to decide if I need a Carnivore it was mentioned in a review that Weston makes Cabela's Carnivore. I've no clue if that's true but that and other reviews cancelled my desire for a Carnivore. Though it would be fun to slam on the countertop like a ChudsBBQ video. Another reason is there is no Cabela's in my city. I prefer return to store versus return by mail. Nearest 140 miles away. Anyways, popped a beer and began searching Weston.
Bed Bath -Beyond is about 600yards from my tent. Asked the Bride to do some research whilst enjoying my shower beer. She found a Weston with good reviews and had $40 discount free shipping. She ordered it for me. She says BB&B has a great return policy if needed
Walk-Bike-Beer
Order stuff

Last edited:
I just bought a LEM #8 Big Bite. I make sausage occasionally and had been getting by with the kitchen aid attachment and a dedicated stuffer. What I liked about the LEM is that it's a very well established brand and if something breaks they have parts. The Big Bite models seem to be way more substantial than their cheaper offerings. I looked at Cabela's Carnivore and if you can get parts for them I'm not seeing them. The Meat! Your Maker units that Chud used, I can't see where you can buy parts or even blades or grinding plates.

Amazon has a ton if you Amazon. Walmart.com if you don't Amazon.

Maybe a used restaurant equipment place in your area or auction for a commercial grinder. That would probably be overkill for as much as you'd use it.

I bought a #12 LEM a few months ago and am pleased with it. It's amazing how fast it knocks out 5 pounds. I was looking at the larger two LEM models but since i store mine away between uses they seemed heavy and bulky.

I'm cautious of Cabela's these days. They used to make good stuff but i feel like since bass pro bought them they have gone down hill.

Back