THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jonny Rotisserie

Full Fledged Farker
"We know it's not the cut of meat. And among the 70 ingredients in the recipe, few seem appetizing on their own. One in particular is also used to make yoga mats. That doesn't exactly make you want to run to your local golden arches. Then again, who knows how long the next McRib drought will last? "

...to develop a technology that bound small "umarketable parts of the animal" into a formation that looked more appetizing. In other words, he figured out how to mold tripe, heart or stomach bits into something that looked like a choice cut of meat. Let's say, the ribs.
family-guy-puke-2941_preview.gif

Well, if I add up all the ingredients in my ribs, I'm probably pushing several dozen -- I know there's quite a few in Foil Hat Rub, and I'll often put some other stuff on them as well, and I don't know how many are in the sauce I use. As far as those unmarketable animal parts, I'm glad they're going to good use in something. In many places, those parts are considered delicacies. Here they usually go into various hot dogs and sausages. I just don't have a problem with people eating them. I'd rather see them eating McRibs than buying rib-eyes and creating a shortage of those.

Just added up all the ingredients in my home-made McRib. I was curious how close I came. Here is the breakdown from the packages:

BB ribs: 1
EVOO: 1
Foil Hat Rub: 10+ Herbamare
Herbamare: 13
Parsley: 1
SBR BBQ Sauce: 15
Sriracha: 8
Bread: 28(!)
Pickle: 11
Diced Onion: 1
Total number of ingredients: 90, but there are a few duplicates.

I prefer my other parts in things such as pho, but hey, if you like them in your rib sandwiches, then by all means....

I prefer my other parts in things such as pho, but hey, if you like them in your rib sandwiches, then by all means....

Are you addressing me? I personally can't stand McRibs and am not a fan of McDonald's food (except I do enjoy their Asian salads on rare occasion). I was just pointing out that there are a heck of a lot of ingredients in a simple sandwich, even a "healthy" home-made one.

Are you addressing me? I personally can't stand McRibs and am not a fan of McDonald's food (except I do enjoy their Asian salads on rare occasion). I was just pointing out that there are a heck of a lot of ingredients in a simple sandwich, even a "healthy" home-made one.

were you addressing me? i had spoken of 70 ingredients, one being used to make yoga mats, and i thought you were retorting me. if that was the case, i guess i was. if that wasn't the case, then forgive me for the misunderstanding.

Back