THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How tedious is cleaning out the firepot on the mak?

With so many solid reviews, I might buy a mak 2star first and if I feel like I still need a more dedicated grill, buy a b2 or lsg adjustable.

Hi ECB. It's removable. You take out the FlameZone, pull the pin holding the fire pot in place, dump it out, and put it right back in.

Hi ECB. It's removable. You take out the FlameZone, pull the pin holding the fire pot in place, dump it out, and put it right back in.

That sounds easy enough. My kamado was always kind of a pain in the ass. Lol

Do you know if bps has 2 star in stock as their site says or do they just drop ship from you?

Have a 1st birthday party coming up and wondering the odds I can get one in time 🤔

That sounds easy enough. My kamado was always kind of a pain in the ass. Lol

Do you know if bps has 2 star in stock as their site says or do they just drop ship from you?

Have a 1st birthday party coming up and wondering the odds I can get one in time 🤔

All grills ship directly from our shop. If you order today you might get one off of the shelf. Otherwise it won't ship until next week.

All grills ship directly from our shop. If you order today you might get one off of the shelf. Otherwise it won't ship until next week.

Thanks Josh.

Might have to chalk up another commission for rwalters haha

When grilling burgers and such, do you pick up any flavor from the pellets? Or is it too hot?

One of the the things holding me back is I wonder if I'll miss that good flavor you get grilling over lump. Not sure if that's from the lump itself or fire kissing the meat.

Well finally pulled the trigger on a mak 2star. After much deliberation, rwalters endorsement speaks a lot to be given he's had so many cookers, and the 2star is what he stuck with.

I'm going in with the mindset if I feel I want something different I can just add an lsg adjustable or maybe even an Mgrills b2. ��

Congrats, ECB... and welcome to the MAK family :)

What options did ya go with? If grilling is your thing, you may want to consider the MAK sear grates. I use them quite often as I grill more than smoke as well :)

Thanks fellas. I hope so as I do a lot of grilling, far more than smoking, so hopefully it's up to the task :)

For things like pork loin, chicken thighs, wings etc, do you leave the flame zone open?

As far as FZ covers on or off... I’d just encourage you to try both ways and see what you prefer. Personally, I almost always grill with the covers removed. That said, there are times that I am cooking at grilling temps, but want more of a roasted finish... and for those times, I’ll leave the covers in place.

Congrats, ECB... and welcome to the MAK family :)

What options did ya go with? If grilling is your thing, you may want to consider the MAK sear grates. I use them quite often as I grill more than smoke as well :)

Thanks again for all your help.

I'll have to add the sear grate. I did the 3/4 top rack, wifi, cover and I think that's it. Anything else I'm missing?

I'll have to add the sear grate. I did the 3/4 top rack, wifi, cover and I think that's it. Anything else I'm missing?

You’re pretty well set. I do like the lower front cabinet door as it allows me to hide the extras... and I think it just completes the look. Personal opinion.

Get the full grate instead of the 3/4, you can use it as the bottom grate when grilling or doing reverse sears and the bottom grate is a split grate so you can use those as half grates above when needed.

Get the full grate instead of the 3/4, you can use it as the bottom grate when grilling or doing reverse sears and the bottom grate is a split grate so you can use those as half grates above when needed.

Ok emailed bps. Hopefully he can change it for me.

First Cook Full Griddle!!

bed95a540c0cf3ef653c1fe720a13d4c.jpg

Some fajitas on the full griddle! Smash burgers are up next!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like it so far. Gonna have to experiment some more. Hopefully smash burgers tonight!! If they turn out, I’ll post them!! Lol. Still gotta Play with the temps. Need to get me an IR therm!

Back