Lunch- Prime Ribeye

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Bride asked me to trek into the store for two veggies-bogo. Long as I was there trekked back to the meats where the white coat was loading up the Yellow Tag bin with CAB Prime ribeye steaks. Regular 25-29 each yellow tagged 14-16$ each. I’ve dreamed of what I would do if I ever hit these steaks as they were being loaded. No one else around. Probably 12-15 Prime Ribeye at 40% off. I bought two. Just can’t bring myself to take em all. Cooked one up for lunch and split with The Bride. Tiernan SOB-Cowboy Briquettes. Rubbed steak with Truffle Oil with rapid motion until opaque. Salt and pepper. Grilled to 126* and wrapped tightly in foil for a 7 minute carryover, juice redistribution and juice capture. Not quite but dang near fork tender. Not but close. Split so we divided soft cap evenly

Last edited:
Oil it up,rub til opaque,been watching Bradley much?I sure have.He is a weirdo but he can dang sure cook.Look! There’s a snake in your flip flop!BTW,yummy lookin meats!

Call me crazy but I've been tired of ribeye until your post Sir. :hungry: Beautiful cut and I'm sure you'll do/did it justice.

Oh and truffle oil?

yeb1kVr.gif

Oh and truffle oil?

yeb1kVr.gif

.not sure how much truffle is in this oil. Reckon enough to claim it on the label. I've a childhood friend that him and his wife own an oil shop. Said he could hook me up with the good stuff. Pondering that one

If you look you'll see a small amount of a noodle leftover.
Pad Ci U or Pad Kee Mao spelling probably wrong anyway one had a bunch of jalapeno and those petite red peppers. Wife had pushed most all to the side. ATTST- I used the leftover noodles and jalapenos as a side instead of just tossing. It tasted really well together.
May do it again on purpose.

Looks delicious. I've never had very good luck at scoring yellow tag deals. Most of the stuff I see around here is either chicken (nope) or pork that looks like they should have tossed it instead. Don't see much beef wearing the yellow.

.not sure how much truffle is in this oil. Reckon enough to claim it on the label. I've a childhood friend that him and his wife own an oil shop. Said he could hook me up with the good stuff. Pondering that one

Just enough or infused enough to qualify as. Just like most things nowadays. Nothing like the real thing obviously so I'd be on my way. :nod:

Steak looks killer! :thumb:

Back