THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saw a you tube video on that the other day. I was thinking the same that it checked alot of the boxes for me. Knowing the Lonestar pricing I would have figured it would be more than $2k

lol I think everyone expected it to be $3-5K when watching the video. Surprised when I saw the cost of "only" $1,995. I too wondered about the linkage system and how it would hold up or clean.

I also see a cabinet pellet smoker that has the same burn/smolder pot as the regular grill. I might have gotten that instead of their IVS if I'd of waited a few months.

I received my El Patron a few weeks ago but the weather has restricted my use. The 3 or 4 times I've used it, I've been very happy with the results. I'm coming from a Masterbuilt 560, which is basically set it and forget it, so there is a learning process I'm going through.

Here is my unboxing.

https://youtu.be/ufjYof_1wiI?si=lNjfygaTFmesJW6y

I received my El Patron a few weeks ago but the weather has restricted my use. The 3 or 4 times I've used it, I've been very happy with the results. I'm coming from a Masterbuilt 560, which is basically set it and forget it, so there is a learning process I'm going through.

Here is my unboxing.

https://youtu.be/ufjYof_1wiI?si=lNjfygaTFmesJW6y

Where does the grease drain when you use the griddle?

Also, I have seen many talk about how inexpensive it is based on LSG's pricing, but man they have a tail or add on's for extra charge that takes the price of this cooker far higher than the "base" cooker.

Where does the grease drain when you use the griddle?

Also, I have seen many talk about how inexpensive it is based on LSG's pricing, but man they have a tail or add on's for extra charge that takes the price of this cooker far higher than the "base" cooker.

The alternatives I was considering were just as expensive or more and a lot less versatile. I was just trying to keep my next smoker under $4k and was easily able to do that. Look back, I could have done without a few things that I probably won't use, like the griddle.

That's a good question about the grease. There is no hole and it's pretty heavy

Nice lookin' unit.

How can anyone have THAT much room in their garage???
:shock:
I've been in this house 18 years and I was just thinking the other day about how full it felt. I can wait to retire and move somewhere warm. No snowblower, shovels, winter gear, etc.

Back