Low n Slow kettles

mofofromlowell

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
ice
I have zero issues maintaining the temps I want. I either set it up with my poor man's basket or my hunsaker firewall.... I always run my pit viper fan and Fireboard 2...

My Dilemma is I want to try to use all of my cooking grate and trying to avoid a hot spots.

I made a drunk purchase the other night and ordered the new weber charcoal diffuser and vortex.. I'm just looking to gain my real-estate for my 22. .

What are u guys using?
c058ae8ae95eafa865e202a34fe9b617.jpg
85e484a1c145bd7c5c538ee27be98503.jpg
80ac4d361a16435bf60a59aabb91b501.jpg
808310dbc782d63d77f1097c2569e0ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I use the Heat Beacon Design deflector plate and charcoal ring in my weber 26". Went back and forth with carbon vs stainless, settled on carbon due to price and just took on extra maintenance. It works well but there is a learning. I only use lump, so not much fits below the ring with enough room for wood chunks. I use lots of chips now instead. Second is no matter the size pan I put on the bottom for a water/stock/herb mix like I always do on my offset and kamado, the temps never would get above 225F until the water boiled off, then would go to 300 instantly. I cooked chicken at 300F without the pan and they turned out well and the smell of drippings on the hot plate smelled amazing. I did leave my kettle and plate at my dad's after cooking those three packs of chicken quarters for my sister's kids bday, anticipating cooking the following weekend as well for a pool party, and without me knowing he thought that the plate was just right size to put some plants on, on top of a mulch bed, to catch the 6" of rain we were getting that week. Needless to say it took a grinding wheel and lots of work to bring back, although it was quite a bit more that I would have thought for a seasoned carbon plate.

+1 on the slow-n-sear. That and the vortex gave my Weber kettle a new life. They are also stainless and appear to be a lot more heavy duty than the product in the original post.

Back