Low n slow all nighter

Nice smoke ring. Tasted phenomenal!!! I love the flavor that it gets from the offset, I just hope next time I can get a little more than 3 hrs sleep. Oh well, the lack of sleep was very well worth it.

Thanks Jadog. I was a little worried about the long rest because the last time I let one rest that long it sat for a total of 5-6 hrs and seemed dry to me.

Thanks Bludawg. Your reputation precedes you and your compliment means a lot. I'm not balsy enough to try the Bludawg method, yet, but I will be attempting one within a few months. Regarding the therm, I completely flaked out about the positioning in relation to where the meat actually cooks when doing the ribs, as well as the water pans to help diffuse the smoke coming from the firebox.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 138
The water pans helped diffuse the heat so well I had all three thermometers reading within just a few degrees of each other.

Great looking brisket. The smoker looks like an Old Country Wrangler or maybe a Brazos. Was the lid super heavy? If so, it was a Brazos.

Back