THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bassandbeer

Full Fledged Farker
Well, we just got our a$$es handed to us in Newaygo, MI this past weekend, and I obviously need to figure out what we're doing wrong. I will be doing the backyard in Silver Lake, and was wondering if any teams going up to Silver Lake would be interested in mentoring me that weekend (I'm here to learn) after I finish the backyard?

I don't mind being a gopher, running for things, etc. Just trying to learn from a team that knows what they're doing, so that we can better our game.

We have all agreed that the backyard at Silver Lake will be our LAST backyard ever, so I need to glean as much info from your team as possible. I know I won't get all your secrets, but that's ok. Just trying to see if I notice anything major in cuts of meat, flavor profiles, etc. that we really failed on last weekend. Please PM me if interested. Thanks in advance.

Mark

Hi Mark, Silver Lake is going to be very busy with the GLBBQA Beak to Beak going on plus I will have Matt with me but if you can't find a better opportunity you can hang around with us and try my turn in food and will answer all of your questions.

Also we will probably get more opportunities if you post this on the Great Lakes BBQ Association forum. http://glbbqa.com/forum/

Hi Mark, Silver Lake is going to be very busy with the GLBBQA Beak to Beak going on plus I will have Matt with me but if you can't find a better opportunity you can hang around with us and try my turn in food and will answer all of your questions.

Also we will probably get more opportunities if you post this on the Great Lakes BBQ Association forum. http://glbbqa.com/forum/

Rich,

Thanks for the advice. I would be honored to at least sit for a while w/ Newaygo's GC! I'll post ing GLBBQA forum as well. Didn't think of that. Thanks again.

You're more than welcome to hang around my site and pick my brain. I've got nothing to hide so I'll answer your questions the best I can. I don't have any GC's under my belt like Rich does but I'd be more than happy to help you out. I plan on doing the contest at Berlin the weekend before Silver Lake, you could swing by then too if it would work out better for you.

You're more than welcome to hang around my site and pick my brain. I've got nothing to hide so I'll answer your questions the best I can. I don't have any GC's under my belt like Rich does but I'd be more than happy to help you out. I plan on doing the contest at Berlin the weekend before Silver Lake, you could swing by then too if it would work out better for you.

I was planning on stopping down on Saturday, but I'm in Iowa for my father in law's funeral, so I'll catch up with you at Silver Lake. Thanks again!

Back