THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nmck137

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Nathan
Looking at getting my first smoker, and been doing alot of research. I think a cabinet reverse flow style smoker on a cart will work best for my application and I am liking what I am seeing from Lone Star and T&K. Unfortunately T&K just told me that because of supply problems he is not taking any new orders. I have not spoke with Lone Star yet.

What are your opinions regarding Lone Star ? Any negatives or any other comparable ideas out there? I did look for a while at backwoods as an option but being I am in Florida (and just in general) I am liking a sealed all welded cabinet and not something rivetted.

Thanks in advance!

LSG is a direct flow but would be my 1st choice.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Chris and Amber have the whole pit making and buying process ironed out. Top notch products and top notch service. I got my pit in 2014 and the whole experience from ordering to having 1500lbs of steel pit dropped on my driveway was flawless. Plenty of brethren here have had the same experience.

If you're in the IVS market there are the following companies to choose from

Humphrey's
LSG
Backwoods Smokers
270 Smokers
Cascade Smokers
Ironside Smokers
Medowcreek Smokers
Assassin Smokers
Deep South Smokers
Gator Pits
Myron Mixon Smokers

To provide a non-exhaustive list. I love my Humphrey's Battle Box. A lot of people seem to love their LSG IVS' around here.

For me it would come down to weight. Are you going to be loading it up to cook off-site?

LSG is a lot heavier because it's made with heavier gauge steel.

Humphrey's has thinner material but much more portable.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

You won't be disappointed with a LSG. I have a 24x48 offset that I purchased last year. In addition to the usual BBQ fare (brisket, ribs, pulled pork), I also have cooked kebobs over the firebox, reverse sear steaks, and have even cooked pizza on it. Such a versatile cooker in an offset.

Back