Little Guy Award

P

pharp

This weekend there are three regional contests. There will be lots of heavy hitters and high scores galore. To inspire the little guys I want to offer a $100 prize to whichever team (10 contests or fewer) has the highest overall finish (not score) across the three contests. In case of a tie, the tiebreaker will be overall score. To be eligible, this must be your 10th kcbs contest or fewer of the year.
The contests are:
Smoke on the Trails, Gardner Kansas
Shawnee Great Grillers, Shawnee Kansas
Downtown Jonesboro BBQ Festival, Jonesboro Arkansas

I have been pretty vocal that I think these teams are the future lifeblood of KCBS so thought I would try this out. If one of these teams with 10 or fewer comps wins a GC out of these three I will double the payout to $200.

Just to be clear, out of the three listed contests the team with the top finish (rank) wins the prize. If there is a tie it is broken by total score. Good luck. #riseofthelittleguy

Last edited by a moderator:
I am curious to see how this goes. As an organizer, I have been thinking about offering almost the same thing. But a sort of event within an event...one event for everyone, another scoring/ranking for the new teams...

I am curious to see how this goes. As an organizer, I have been thinking about offering almost the same thing. But a sort of event within an event...one event for everyone, another scoring/ranking for the new teams...

Probably won't make much of a difference..but shoot maybe a new team will appreciate it.

Nice idea and gesture. It may just be the incentive a new team needs to keep going.

And seeing how new/young teams need guidance, steer them here for a membership and really watch them improve.

This weekend there are three regional contests. There will be lots of heavy hitters and high scores galore. To inspire the little guys I want to offer a $100 prize to whichever team (10 contests or fewer) has the highest overall finish (not score) across the three contests. In case of a tie, the tiebreaker will be overall score. To be eligible, this must be your 10th kcbs contest or fewer of the year.
The contests are:
Smoke on the Trails, Gardner Kansas
Shawnee Great Grillers, Shawnee Kansas
Downtown Jonesboro BBQ Festival, Jonesboro Arkansas

I have been pretty vocal that I think these teams are the future lifeblood of KCBS so thought I would try this out. If one of these teams with 10 or fewer comps wins a GC out of these three I will double the payout to $200.

Just to be clear, out of the three listed contests the team with the top finish (rank) wins the prize. If there is a tie it is broken by total score. Good luck. #riseofthelittleguy

This is a great idea. Wish there was something like this when we were the little guy. I will mention this at the cook's meeting in Gardner.

Looks like Lazy Butt BBQ Crew pulled out 3rd place in Gardner and has only 5 cooks this year.

Cowboy Q won GC at Jonesboro and has only 5 cooks this year.

Rub N' Wood took 3rd place in Shawnee with only 4 cooks this year.

Congrats to everyone who heard their name called this weekend.

Looks like Lazy Butt BBQ Crew pulled out 3rd place in Gardner and has only 5 cooks this year.

Cowboy Q won GC at Jonesboro and has only 5 cooks this year.

Rub N' Wood took 3rd place in Shawnee with only 4 cooks this year.

Congrats to everyone who heard their name called this weekend.

It was a good weekend for the little guy! I have already reached out to Cowboy Q to arrange payment of his Bounty! He was pleasantly surprised!

Back