THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jkief

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Jeffry
Got a chance to get with Scott at Southern Q and Jeff at Assassin. I’m really torn between the 2 especially given the Limo Jr price point. Cascade just wanted too much for shipping, which I expected. Only thing holding me back from the Limo Jr is the grease management/clean out. Maybe owners can chime in. From what I can see, it looks like the heat diverted has holes in it, but it is welded above the heat/air channel. So it looks like any grease that drips between the diverter and floor that doesn’t drain stays put. There’s no way to clean it? I like the idea that Assassin has a removable diverter that can be cleaned as well as the floor of the cooker. Am I wrong in how the Limo Jr is set up?

Pretty simple to clean. Their are channels underneath the limo that fits a foil pan. You can just use a putty knife to scrape anything into the hole at the bottom center of the limo. It’s not quite as open as an Assassin or Stumps, but still not hard to clean at all.

Right, the plate is removable. Just remember how is was when you took it out. I put mine back in backwards the first time. No big deal, but I had a hotspot when it wasn't in right. You can also wrap this in heavy duty foil, then cut the holes out to keep it clean.

The plate is removal and with racks out, you have easy access to clean. The drain hole is in the center on the bottom and there are rails to slide a drip pan underneath. A small disposal aluminum tray fits, can't remember the size.

I also considered the Assassin but I believe Limo Jr had larger shelves as well as a better price point.

I love my Limo Jr... my best Covid purchase. My only regret is not buying one sooner!!

Attachments

The plate is removal and with racks out, you have easy access to clean. The drain hole is in the center on the bottom and there are rails to slide a drip pan underneath. A small disposal aluminum tray fits, can't remember the size.

I also considered the Assassin but I believe Limo Jr had larger shelves as well as a better price point.

I love my Limo Jr... my best Covid purchase. My only regret is not buying one sooner!!

You have almost the same color as my Limo Jr. Awesome pit.

Got a chance to get with Scott at Southern Q and Jeff at Assassin. I’m really torn between the 2 especially given the Limo Jr price point. Cascade just wanted too much for shipping, which I expected. Only thing holding me back from the Limo Jr is the grease management/clean out. Maybe owners can chime in. From what I can see, it looks like the heat diverted has holes in it, but it is welded above the heat/air channel. So it looks like any grease that drips between the diverter and floor that doesn’t drain stays put. There’s no way to clean it? I like the idea that Assassin has a removable diverter that can be cleaned as well as the floor of the cooker. Am I wrong in how the Limo Jr is set up?

Are you referring to Cascade Smokers in Oregon? If so, do they make a gravity fed smoker? Just curious because gravity fed seems to be what you are looking at and I’ve never seen that type of smoker on their website.

Good luck with your decision, I hope you will be happy with what you get!

I woke up this morning and read everyone’s post after PT. Was immediately sold on the Limo Jr based on the grease management, price point, and feedback. On my way home from work today, Jeff calls me to discuss what I was looking for. I won’t advertise our specific deal, but it was a better bargain, with upgrades, than the Southern Q with equal upgrades. I’ve worked with Jeff before on my 48” grill and every time, he blows me away with what he does for the Military. So I dropped my deposit on an Assassin. He’s about 4-6 weeks farther out than Scott is at Southern Q, but that gives me extra time to clean the garage out. I felt like there was going to be compromises with either one I chose, so I went with best bang for the buck. Without Jeff’s generosity towards the price, I would have gone with Southern Q in a heartbeat.

I woke up this morning and read everyone’s post after PT. Was immediately sold on the Limo Jr based on the grease management, price point, and feedback. On my way home from work today, Jeff calls me to discuss what I was looking for. I won’t advertise our specific deal, but it was a better bargain, with upgrades, than the Southern Q with equal upgrades. I’ve worked with Jeff before on my 48” grill and every time, he blows me away with what he does for the Military. So I dropped my deposit on an Assassin. He’s about 4-6 weeks farther out than Scott is at Southern Q, but that gives me extra time to clean the garage out. I felt like there was going to be compromises with either one I chose, so I went with best bang for the buck. Without Jeff’s generosity towards the price, I would have gone with Southern Q in a heartbeat.

Cool beans. Don’t think you could have gone wrong either way. Looking forward to your thoughts on the Gravity. Did you get the 17 model?

Yeah. I almost went up to the 24, but when I was honest with myself, I really couldn’t justify the extra money on the size.

Awe man, and here I thought you were gonna get a good smoker...:crazy:
Just kidding, I'm sure you will love your Assassin. The biggest thing for me was the fully welded corners on Scott's smokers as opposed to the bent and screwed corners on the Assassin. I'm sure both work well, I just like the clean look of the Limo's

I considered the welded corners. But I’m the end, it’s not a huge deal. I just couldn’t beat the deal he gave me. I’m also partial to grease management on the Assassin. In the end, I would have compromised on features with either one, so I went with the best price.

Back