THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tbro

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Tom
Hi,
I’ve been looking for a new meat slicer, and kind of interested in the Lem Big Bite slicers. They are belt drive, and from what I can see mostly metal. Does anyone have any input on these slicers? They have an 8 1/5” and 10” blade versions cost is $282.00 and $359.00. I didn’t want to spend this much, but I want it to last. I’m done buying the $59.00 slicers.
Thanks

I went with a used commercial Berkel that I found for $200 on Letgo (guy even delivered it). That's what it'd recommend if you have a spot to store it. I did 24 lbs of bacon recently and it was incredibly easy.

I went with a used commercial Berkel that I found for $200 on Letgo (guy even delivered it). That's what it'd recommend if you have a spot to store it. I did 24 lbs of bacon recently and it was incredibly easy.

That's what I did, bought a 50 year old Hobart for $300. It will be slicing meat 50 years after I'm dead.

I agree, a used commercial slicer can be an awesome buy if you know what you are buying.

A couple years ago a chain of local convenience stores stopped selling lunchmeat by the pound and the used restaurant equipment market was flooded with 100's of Berkel slicers. I picked up two slicers (like new) for less than $250.00, I kept one as a backup. I soon realized I would never need a backup, so I later sold the second slicer on Craigs List for what I paid for both of the slicers.

Check Craigs List and the many other used item resale sights. You'll be surprised.

Back