THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kyle Serlington

Full Fledged Farker
so sunday we had a birthday party for my grandmother (89!) and it was at 1pm, so i decided to smoke something that cooked quick, a couple of pork tenderloins. seeing as how smoking is something i don't get to do everyday i like to load up my WSM when i do it so i can have other BBQ meals for the week. i added a rack of ribs for my sunday night dinner and a chuck roast for BBQ burritos and cheesesteaks.

i didn't get any pics from the initial cook because the last thread i did was also ribs and a chuckie, so i thought i'd just do pics of the leftovers this time. as for the ribs, i tried something new, i put oil on them before i applied the rub and they came out pretty damn good, but it's hard to say if it was because of the oil or something else. i usually finish my ribs with high heat on a gas grill to sear the sauce in, but i only did that with half the rack this time, the other half i ate partly dry and then some i dipped in sauce. as much as i love the extra char flavor on the grilled ones, it definitely tightened up the meat a bit, the dry ones were a lot more tender, so i may rethink how i serve my ribs! as for the chuck, i finally felt what probe tender feels like on beef. i foiled the roast at 165 degrees and then when i opened and probed it read 210 and i took it right off and let it rest for at least an hour. temp ranged from 250 to 275 during my 4 hour cook

anyways, on to the pron...

i nuked the shell for 15 seconds as directed on the package. then i put on some rice that i fried up with some of my BBQ rub. on top of that i put my root beer baked beans. as for the meat, i simmered some shredded leftover chuck in my spicy BBQ sauce and added a little chipotle adobo sauce to it. in hindsight i wish i didn't do that because i feel it masked the beef flavor a little bit. oh well, there's always next time. on the very top i got a nice pile of extra sharp white cheddar.

10389194_10152281631386373_7210587695250631715_n.jpg

now i've never wrapped a burrito before so it was a bit sloppy, but still very good! i topped it with some of my spicy bbq sauce and put it in the oven for a few minutes, when i took it out i topped it with sour cream that i mixed a little chipotle adobo sauce in with, very good! the corn got away from me on the grill a little bit but i didn't mind.

10636197_10152281631391373_6748370208772149346_n.jpg

and the moneyshot

10580046_10152281631181373_6111609391264668213_n.jpg

so that was last night's dinner, as for tonight, i decided to pay tribute to philadelphia. i reheated some chuck up on my electric griddle, which worked surprisingly well. i've seen some bbq places use this method to reheat precooked meat and i never liked the idea but sometimes it works. when going out i'd like fresh food though, but at home it worked out good. i fried up some peppers and onions, topped the beef with some cheap cheddar slices and put it all on an 8" toasted sub roll. i cooked up one of my new favorite sides to make, home fries cooked in butter and seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, and a little cayenne. the hanks root beer really hit the spot as well, really solid dinner.

10641079_10152281630826373_3016542606633675433_n.jpg

i'm doing another cook on sunday and already have an idea for leftovers that i'm pretty excited to try, but for now i'm going to keep it under wraps :icon_shy

Back