THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ash kickin BBQ

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
I am new to this forum and enjoy reading all the things related to BBQ as it is a passion of mine as well as all of you . I recently purchased a used 10 year old kingfisher commercial smoker on a trailer , it has 6 racks ,I have been smoking for 10 years or so and have gotten a lot better over the years , I have a smoker called The Good One which I have used and really like . But lately it's just not big enough for events I am doing like smoking pork for 150 people coming up for a high school football kickoff. I love the rotisserie concept by having no hot or cold spots to have to rotate meats, does anyone have any comments on kingfisher smokers and tips on rotisserie smokers? I currently have the smoker I purchased in the shop getting the inside layered with 3/16 metal around the firebox and inside around the rotisserie area as an attempt to double insulate it -New tires and a paint job and tweaking a few things . Any opinions or insite on customizing it to make it better or tips in general would be greatly appreciated. Thank you !

I've got one bought mine used too. I like it, probably not the most efficient Pitt out there but it serves its purpose. I use a charcoal basket in it when I want more time between refueling. Look at BBQ Bonanza online Bob sells those in Kansas City Kansas.

Back