Inspired by Sako - Focaccia and Grilled Veggies

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
My sincere thanks to Sako (@ssv3) on this one. A recent cook he posted had me wanting to try my hand at Focaccia and grilled veggies for dinner. So here goes. I've honestly never made Focaccia before so this is a first.

I made up the dough late this morning, fairly easy to put together, very easy to handle due to the EVOO and let it rise for an hour or so. No pics of dough rising but here it is just out of the oven. Seasoned one half with Pasta Sprinkle seasoning, the other with Basil Pesto. It all gets coated with Sun-dried Tomatoes, EVOO and lots of Sea Salt -

S0bGxWy.jpg

What veggies to grill (or griddle) for dinner? Eggplant and Small Portabella Mushrooms will be done quickly on the Blackstone -

oLaXq65.jpg

0ubY80X.jpg

Coming along nicely -

VxXu1RJ.jpg

qhdCFLV.jpg

vni9DBz.jpg

Better looking picture of the Focaccia. Yep, the Sun-dried Tomatoes do get somewhat toasted but they retain their distinctive taste -

GJGL9qr.jpg

Dinner, sort of on a Tapas theme, is ready. Focaccia, Eggplant, Mushrooms, Garden Cherry Tomatoes, Garden Basil, Olives, Cheddar and Cotija along with some Basil infused EVOO and Cranberry Pear White Balsamic for dipping -

diVsXiy.jpg

2gZKROZ.jpg

w9coEFS.jpg

mZKnMHe.jpg

1IyCrU1.jpg

Zkrbcnt.jpg

My plate -

g3E6pih.jpg

5oHd7uh.jpg

p62VhLE.jpg

Dinner can be satisfying once in a while without meat. :-D

Again, my thanks to Sako for the inspiration for tonite's dinner!

And as always, thanks for reading through this post.

Regards,
-lunchman

Looks great to me, I've been eating alot of bbq lately, so that meal looks like a nice change of pace!

I am going to need that Focaccia recipe. That bread would make an amazing Doner Kebab sandwich. I usually buy Focaccia from Panera to make my Doner Kebab sandwiches.

Do you a Sako not realize that I'm working on my short game right now and don't have time to learn to cook something totally new (and interesting/tempting) to me?

Dang you guys...

Looking great Dom! Way more creative. :thumb: Mine was just a plain foccacia style bread.

Just noticed your post on that thread. It got away from me as you guys are on the other coast and posted way early morning my time.

Dom, outstanding!!....that's a meal for family/friends, lot's of good coversation and laughs....and lot's of WINE!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Back