THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bowhnter

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Mike
My wife wanted chicken, I wanted ribs.
I meant to put the vortex small side up, but use the vortex upside down so often, I wasn’t thinking when I loaded it.

The chicken was seasoned with Italian dressing, Todd’s Dirt, and some other seasonings
I put EVOO (first time i remember not using mustard) and Sucklebusters SPG Hot on the ribs. Cut every other bone out, left meaty both sides. Not sure what you call that cut.

Onto the 450* at lid Weber 26.

1 hour and a few minutes later, the thighs and ribs were both where I wanted @ 195-200*.

Put some not so good corn and home grown zucchini squash on.

Susan said the chicken was good, I didn’t have any.

Okay, now for the ribs. This was my 2nd time cutting individual, I made sure to get them up to ~200*. About an hour and 10 minutes.
That SPG hot is awesome. No sauce hit the ribs or plate.
These were probably in the top 5 ribs I’ve ever had. This will most likely be my go to method going forward.

Thanks for looking

Looks amazing!

Glad you tried the ribs again, for me it’s a toss up between the grilled double cut ribs and the Jess Pryles 1 hour method as to which is my favorite, but I’m pretty sure I’m done with 5 hour ribs.

Looking Good! I think they call that the "Cadillac cut" on the ribs if I remember right.
Definitely going to try it.

Looks fantastic, Mike!! I must have been gone when you posted this cook. Looks delicious!!

Yes Sir. I like everything about that cook - the meats, the grill veggies... Gonna have to check out that SPG Hot.

Back