Indirect vortex individual ribs n thighs

bowhnter

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Mike
My wife wanted chicken, I wanted ribs.
I meant to put the vortex small side up, but use the vortex upside down so often, I wasn’t thinking when I loaded it.

The chicken was seasoned with Italian dressing, Todd’s Dirt, and some other seasonings
I put EVOO (first time i remember not using mustard) and Sucklebusters SPG Hot on the ribs. Cut every other bone out, left meaty both sides. Not sure what you call that cut.

Onto the 450* at lid Weber 26.

1 hour and a few minutes later, the thighs and ribs were both where I wanted @ 195-200*.

Put some not so good corn and home grown zucchini squash on.

Susan said the chicken was good, I didn’t have any.

Okay, now for the ribs. This was my 2nd time cutting individual, I made sure to get them up to ~200*. About an hour and 10 minutes.
That SPG hot is awesome. No sauce hit the ribs or plate.
These were probably in the top 5 ribs I’ve ever had. This will most likely be my go to method going forward.

Thanks for looking

Looks amazing!

Glad you tried the ribs again, for me it’s a toss up between the grilled double cut ribs and the Jess Pryles 1 hour method as to which is my favorite, but I’m pretty sure I’m done with 5 hour ribs.

Great work, Mike!

It’s about time for me to try something different and individual ribs just might be the ticket to ride. Thanks for the inspiration.

Looking Good! I think they call that the "Cadillac cut" on the ribs if I remember right.
Definitely going to try it.

Looks fantastic, Mike!! I must have been gone when you posted this cook. Looks delicious!!

Yes Sir. I like everything about that cook - the meats, the grill veggies... Gonna have to check out that SPG Hot.

Back