IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> SPECIAL*** "Let's See Your Best Grillshots!"*** Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

In actuality, I did not use the "microwave" setting -- It is the "micro" light that came on. For some reason, the "micro" light comes on if I press the "optiquick," "micro," or the "Grill" settings :noidea:. As near as I can tell, those buttons determine the conditions of the cook, "Optiquick" for instance, appears to be "hot and fast." The "micro" and "Grill" settings appear to provide more control for "low and slow" cooks. I haven't explored these settings thoroughly. I have not yet explored the "Optigrill" setting. I believe the "micro" light came on because it is a relatively small cup of coffee and not a whole pizza or an entire chicken. I suspect it is a very intelligent and environmentally friendly grill and it knows not to build a large fire when a small fire will do. When I do grill an entire chicken, I will let you know what happens. :thumb: As far as counting the chickens before they hatch, I would suspect there would be only one chicken per egg. But do you really think it is possible to hatch and cook the chicken in one step as you suggest? It would be amazing to put an egg in there, press the chicken setting and watch the egg hatch and then cook the chicken all with a press of the button. I had no idea these things were so advanced.

Wow, Gore, I really appreciate the tutorial on your "Grill". VERY informative, indeed! :clap:

Can you take some pictures for us so we can actually see the fire and flames in the "Grill"?

:rolleyes:

More importantly, Gore, why does it have an electric hand drill setting?

Thanks for finding that, Guerry. We have a few pictures to hang up and I needed a drill. That thing is much more versatile than I thought! :clap:

Wow, Gore, I really appreciate the tutorial on your "Grill". VERY informative, indeed! :clap:

Can you take some pictures for us so we can actually see the fire and flames in the "Grill"?

Moose, everything is internal. I looked at the back, but there are safety features preventing it from operating with the cover off. It would be like me asking you to take a picture of the pistons in your car while it is running. It's just not possible to do. I do know that when I push those buttons, it cooks the food, so there must me a fire in there somewhere.

Great idea, Moose!

And while we're at it, it would be great to see where Gore feeds the wood or coals into the "Grill". And surely there's some kind of ash catcher in the back of it.

:mrgreen:

Man, I am with Peeps...
wagyu-fire_zps02868c9e.jpg

Note: the above is not an official entry

Moose, everything is internal. I looked at the back, but there are safety features preventing it from operating with the cover off. It would be like me asking you to take a picture of the pistons in your car while it is running. It's just not possible to do. I do know that when I push those buttons, it cooks the food, so there must me a fire in there somewhere.

Gore, you're overlooking the obvious. :doh:

There's a window on the front of your "Grill". Now let's see those flames while you cook something!

:twisted:

Great idea, Moose!

And while we're at it, it would be great to see where Gore feeds the wood or coals into the "Grill". And surely there's some kind of ash catcher in the back of it.

Moose, I'm just renting this apartment and it is provided with utilities and services. Fuel and maintenance are included in the lease agreement, so this service is taken care of for us. Furthermore, I am not going to be making any inquiries of our landlady about what type of wood she puts in her firebox. I don't speak the language that well and don't want to get slapped.

Last edited:
BTW, I am pretty sure that is not a hand drill setting, that appears to be the dolphin setting, which I hope Gore+ is not using at all.

Man, I am with Peeps...
wagyu-fire_zps02868c9e.jpg

Note: the above is not an official entry

Bob, did you just actually make a quality, on-topic post in the off-topic often delinquent discussion thread? :confused:

I just may have to put up the quality, on topic entry/discussion thread a few days early.

On second thought, I better not...

Gore, you're overlooking the obvious. :doh:

There's a window on the front of your "Grill". Now let's see those flames while you cook something!

:twisted:

Moose, that is the food chamber that has the window. The fire box is not located in the food chamber. :loco: The food chamber appears to be sealed and the grill will not operate with the door to the food chamber open.

Moose, that is the food chamber that has the window. The fire box is not located in the food chamber. :loco: The food chamber appears to be sealed and the grill will not operate with the door to the food chamber open.

Not so fast, buddy. :tsk:

I know the firebox isn't in the food chamber, silly. Just take a picture of the flames as they cook something, with the window closed, and you'll be all set! :nod:

Just in case, though, I also have a call into Optigrill's customer service department so we can see the diagram of the firebox, ash catcher, and what kind of wood and or coals they recommend using with the Optigrill.

Not so fast, buddy. :tsk:

I know the firebox isn't in the food chamber, silly. Just take a picture of the flames as they cook something, with the window closed, and you'll be all set! :nod:

Just in case, though, I also have a call into Optigrill's customer service department so we can see the diagram of the firebox, ash catcher, and what kind of wood and or coals they recommend using with the Optigrill.

Flames? Seriously? I don't know about you, but I usually let my fire die down to coals before I start cooking. I tend not to cook with flames shooting out of my pit. For the record, I'm also not a fan of creosote. As for the wood that goes in the firebox, I already addressed that here:

Moose, I'm just renting this apartment and it is provided with utilities and services. Fuel and maintenance are included in the lease agreement, so this service is taken care of for us. Furthermore, I am not going to be making any inquiries of our landlady about what type of wood she puts in her firebox. I don't speak the language that well and don't want to get slapped.

Back