THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok, while we're playing ask the mods... What if I'm cooking a chicken AND a brisket AND a fatty, and I take a really killer pic of each one, can I enter the same cook 3 times as 3 entries?

What if I take 3 great grill shots of a brisket? Can I enter the same brisket 3 times? (Assuming each picture is very different from the others)

Ok, while we're playing ask the mods... What if I'm cooking a chicken AND a brisket AND a fatty, and I take a really killer pic of each one, can I enter the same cook 3 times as 3 entries?

What if I take 3 great grill shots of a brisket? Can I enter the same brisket 3 times? (Assuming each picture is very different from the others)
It seems well established that you are to choose one picture from your cook.

9. Only one picture from your entry can be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise the moderator will choose and the moderators decision is final. You are allowed to enter more than once but only one of your entries can be used in the voting thread (for example if you want to enter a second dish that will replace your first one). You must CLEARLY state which entry is the one you want to go to the vote thread. Otherwise the moderator will choose for you and that decision will be final. If the moderator did not choose the photo/entry you explicitly specified, please send the moderator (me) a PM and I will do my best to correct the issue.

Good question...

But I have a question for you. How many killer pics of your own do you want competing with yourself and potentially taking away votes from one of your other killer entries? :wink:

Will have to consult with Moose and see if we can come to a consensus on your question.

@dads, my question isn't really about that rule. That rule is stating that you can have one representative entry picture for polling. My question is, since there are multiple entries allowed, why couldn't you make 3 entries from the same cook?

Peeps, I get you. I thought the same, I was just more curious in where the rules land on this one.

2.5” Ribeye Steak

Please accept this as my entry into the “Lets see Your Best Grillshots!” Throwndown.

After approximately 75 minutes the IT got to 113 and it looked like this.

I took it off, tented with foil and open up the vents all the way. After 10 minutes it was around 600 degrees at the grate so I seared this big boy for 3 minutes per side.

Flipped

Done

Here it is all sliced up. Almost a perfect medium rare.

Plated shots with a nice cold Newcastle for a beverage.

Please use the picture below as my polling pic.

The entire cook thread can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3044078#post3044078

Moose and I conferred on this and have decided the following:

We are going to restrict this Special TD to one grillshot entry PER cook.

Bluzieq, welcome to the TD forum. I see that this is your first post in this section. I would like to point you to our TD rules so you can have a gander at them.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135049

Is your post intended to be a Throwdown entry? If so, the rule #3 copied below shows how to formally submit an entry for next time. If you intend for this one to be an entry, you can edit the post to say so or reply that it is an entry.

Also, entries must be prepared during the time frame specified in the first post. Based on your comment about that pic being the best you could find, it sounds like it might be an older pic. Since you are new to this section, please read through rule 6 copied below. If your pic is an entry, please confirm via reply that it suits the cook date requirement.

Those ribs look good, so looking forward to your participation in the throwdowns! :thumb:
Oops delete my post I did not read rules till after. I should be forced to eat food from my neighbors gas grill for a week. :(

Oops delete my post I did not read rules till after. I should be forced to eat food from my neighbors gas grill for a week. :(
No worries...now that you have read the rules, get a nice grill shot from your next cook this month and enter it! :thumb:

As a newbian throwdown contestant I would like to offer the following.
1.) Multiple entries are encouraged and allowed! You're only competing with yourself
2.) Choose wisely your enries. Last years vets vs noobs I had so many entries, I lost count.
3.) Enjoy yourself! This is fun not a living!
With that said, I am going to cook a few more entries because I am ACD

My grill shot entry photo. Wague steaks and asparagus! Please use top photo.

968C557D-8EC1-4959-99AE-9E2BF19D23E4_zpsri26u90e.jpg

134EB018-80CD-4100-96B9-E81FE9CE05CE_zps5npvxrog.jpg

E7D3689A-0C1E-4F4F-A8AE-40D12C6A33E0_zpskberogn2.jpg

D171B8D3-807C-4C9D-B0A0-535290464B6B_zpszohlqb6c.jpg

A0EF457D-4A0E-43D6-AD1A-026016DEDE2B_zpsoytmfmp5.jpg

Last edited:
Toast, while this is a special TD and multiple entries are allowed, Moose and I ruled earlier in the thread that only one entry per cook is going to be allowed. Please let me know which one to use.

Moose and I conferred on this and have decided the following:

We are going to restrict this Special TD to one grillshot entry PER cook.

Back