IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> SPECIAL*** "COMFORT FOOD!"*** Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Yeah, I am not making fries...

You could do a pulled pork poutine...

leaf_1_text.gif

A question about the open categories like this. Do they fall under the normal rules, i.e. All or part of the meal must be grilled or smoked? I am pretty sure it needs to be, but figured I'd check.

We're going to make some Kimchi Fried Rice for dinner tonight. Just wanted to check if it could be entered or not. No biggie if no. Either way, I may make a separate Q-Talk post on it.

A question about the open categories like this. Do they fall under the normal rules, i.e. All or part of the meal must be grilled or smoked? I am pretty sure it needs to be, but figured I'd check.

We're going to make some Kimchi Fried Rice for dinner tonight. Just wanted to check if it could be entered or not. No biggie if no. Either way, I may make a separate Q-Talk post on it.

You are correct:

5. Entries must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients which you prepared. Photos of your food on the grill or smoker are encouraged but not required (we love action shots).

However, we allow leeway in the "must prominently feature" part. For instance, you could do a pulled pork pizza, for example, and the pork was the only ingredient that was smoked, and you'd be fine.

As long as there is SOMETHING which is grilled or smoked and featured prominently in your dish/entry, you're well within the rules.

On another note, there was this Japanese yakiniku(Japanese version of Korean BBQ) place I used to go to some years back that had the most AMAZING kimchi fried rice, so I can't wait to see what you do!

I guess I could "grill" the bacon... Nah. Not like I "need" another entry in a TD. I am sure I will get a couple without it. I still might do a "Not Q" post. We'll see. Depends how busy the night gets...

Do the post anyway! I want to see how you make it! It sounds great!

The TD runs all month so plenty of time for entries!

Haven't figured out how to smoke ice cream yet. Keeps coming out looking like soup!

WTF am I doing wrong?

Back