IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> SPECIAL*** "BIG FARKING CHOP!"*** Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Our new April Special TD category is..."BIG FARKING CHOP!"

5312014BIGMEAT2_zpsd8b533bc.jpg

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. Cook a big farking chop. Only ONE big farking chop. Enuff said!

2. Standard Throwdown rules apply.

3. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this TD!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 4/3 through
the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 4/27/15.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 4/27.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

***The below disclaimer is intended to prevent any and all douchebags from committing any and all forms of douchebaggery in the wrong place. BE ADVISED***

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Last edited:
O.K., o.k., o.k............I guess I'll be the first one to make this more complicated than it has to be:shock:. Can a "chop" have more than one bone? Or does it have to have a bone at all? Consider it your riddle of the day:roll:.

Could be interesting to see where this question leads by page three:twisted:.

KC

O.K., o.k., o.k............I guess I'll be the first one to make this more complicated than it has to be:shock:. Can a "chop" have more than one bone? Or does it have to have a bone at all? Consider it your riddle of the day:roll:.

Could be interesting to see where this question leads by page three:twisted:.

KC
A meat chop is a cut of meat cut perpendicularly to the spine, and usually containing a rib or riblet part of a vertebra and served as an individual portion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat_chop

As an FYI, I did read that reference before posing the questions, simply because there are what are referred to as "boneless pork chops", so just making sure.

O.k., that clearly answers the second question. So, can a chop have more than one rib bone? I ask because I have heard them referred to as "double rib chops" for example.

KC

So, how come the "April TD" doesn't include 04/01, 04/02 04/28, 04/29, and 04/30. I have some nice chops I am doing today. No biggie, I don't think they are winner capable...

So, how come the "April TD" doesn't include 04/01, 04/02 04/28, 04/29, and 04/30. I have some nice chops I am doing today. No biggie, I don't think they are winner capable...

We traditionally start the Special TD's on Friday like the weekly TD's, hence the date "hiccup". :thumb:

So, would a bone-in rib eye from a rib roast be a chop ? :confused:
I'm not a mod, but, to me, that is the essence of a rib chop, the steak cut out of a Prime Rib roast, with bone

Now, what if it has two rib bones, then is it still a chop, or is it now a roast?

Yet, a boneless loin chop is still a chop. They both come from this cut

DSCN1867.jpg

The definition posted did say "usually", not "always".

Back