IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> "On a Budget" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

I feel like I am at a disadvantage here, of course, I could finally cook something

nice! thanks for the flashback Peeps. of course, now I'm thinking about how old I was when that song was big :tsk:

Just the food, although there should be bonus Squirrel and Foil points for including a cooker and food within the $15 budget.

looks like I may have to employ the firepit again...and guarantee myself another goose egg :mmph:

The title contains the word "ballin'" right there at the top of the video...you knew what you were getting into :wink:

So does this, so just the word ballin is not an indicator is the contents ;)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWryDF_yyH0"]Judy Garland & Gene Kelly - Ballin' the Jack - YouTube[/ame]

Now about those 15 seconds :-D

Terry,

If you look through the previous 2012 "On a Budget" TD, most folks figured $15 for the cook, whether for 1 or for more.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140924&page=9

Thanks. I can see where this might be a little difficult when you consider "items on hand", and no, not talking the freezer full of meats, but the little things you use to make / go with it.

I'll have to ponder this...

I remember some, if not all, cook threads had an approximate accounting for stuff that was on hand/general pantry items. The main ingredients might show prices on a receipt and we could estimate, for example: 2 tbsp EVOO, 1 tsp salt, assorted spices, 4 olives, 4 mushrooms and 2 green onions might translate to $1. If I can cook for this, I might use hot dogs previously bought on sale and in the freezer. I don't have the receipt still but I can check the regular price at a grocery store and estimate a dollar off or something like that. Reasonable estimations and are still good enough proof, yes Mods/Jed?

I remember being impressed by how many great meals were made from very little money, some significantly less expensive than $15 fed a family of 4. Good brain/thought exercise, Jed.

I remember some, if not all, cook threads had an approximate accounting for stuff that was on hand/general pantry items. The main ingredients might show prices on a receipt and we could estimate, for example: 2 tbsp EVOO, 1 tsp salt, assorted spices, 4 olives, 4 mushrooms and 2 green onions might translate to $1. If I can cook for this, I might use hot dogs previously bought on sale and in the freezer. I don't have the receipt still but I can check the regular price at a grocery store and estimate a dollar off or something like that. Reasonable estimations and are still good enough proof, yes Mods/Jed?

I remember being impressed by how many great meals were made from very little money, some significantly less expensive than $15 fed a family of 4. Good brain/thought exercise, Jed.

Peeps is correct.

Since Jed didn't require receipts as a special rule, it's up to our participants whether to do that or not. In the end, the voters will decide their ultimate fate! :twisted:

I know that sounds ominous, but hey, it's Halloween!

:biggrin1:

Back