THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a thought. You mentioned that your chicken was a little "tighter" than before. A little tighter at boxing time can potentially mean A LOT tighter by the time the judges get to it.
Yep. It was just a hair tighter, but not tough. It was enough for me to notice, though. I'm sure that contributed. I was just shocked by going from 1st (180) to second from DAL. I'll cook it a bit longer this next time to get it back where I want it.

Give it 3 contests.

We started the year with a modified chicken program. First time out, we hit 3rd out of 109 teams in Triple Threat in Delaware. Nice! The new program rocks!

Next contest we get 5th..from the bottom. Then middle of the pack. Then 33rd.

OK, back to last year's chicken program. With one exception, our chicken hasn't been out of the top ten since.

The point is: you can't really know which contest was the fluke. Cook three, then you know if you have to make a change or not.
Yep. We're going to give it AT LEAST one more comp before thinking about any major changes. Thanks.

Back