I think this will work.

I've just been pondering the holiday stuffing. I have sourdough but I think I'll whip up a cream corn, habanero corn bread. I'll chop a few handfuls of pecan, toss some syrup over em and toast em.
Sweet onion, red and yellow pepper, celery sweated down...I'll keep the onion raw though.

Finely crumbled hot breakfast sausage.

Crumble up the corn bread add all the other mess, fat drippings and chicken broth.A couple beaten eggs

Thyme, parsley, rosemary, maybe nutmeg, maybe not...won't know till I test it.

Decent path?
Missing something?
I'm open ta criticism, there's a limit ta what I'll suffer though.

-D

I’m 4ever3 and I approve of this message…

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's amazing... It's got ya on the back, definitely has some bite. I ended up candying up those walnuts and it pairs very well with the habanero. Great texture, almost custard like in the middle, crunchy on the top. Breakfast sausage gives it heft, cornbread is far better than bread and apple wood shoved it over the edge.

-D

It's amazing... It's got ya on the back, definitely has some bite. I ended up candying up those walnuts and it pairs very well with the habanero. Great texture, almost custard like in the middle, crunchy on the top. Breakfast sausage gives it heft, cornbread is far better than bread and apple wood shoved it over the edge.

It sure sounds delicious and the mix of textures had to be killer!

It's not as if the people coming are full of discerning tastes. I believe their diet runs the fast food circuit, so they probably won't like it unless I plopped it out between two sesame buns and topped it with f'ing 1000 island, but who knows.

I'm curious how it went over with the fast food group if they ponied up any feedback...

Only one person tried it and mentioned the spicy at the end. I just shrugged. Someone brought a incredibly large bowl of "stove top"...nobody ate that either. All that matters is that I enjoyed making at least my part of the holiday meal. It's well known I don't cater cook and this group plenty of "I don't likes" and I mostly just ignore it.
I had a lot of fun and I produced a banger of a turkey on the rotisserie which was the first time I used it, so other than not getting a new fuel pump installed in the Subaru it was successful fer me.

-D

Last edited:
Also I see me posts come off a bit callous, so ta provide some perspective this event was only attended by my bro's people and I actually don't have any commonality with them. I'm not their sort and if ya know, ya know.

-D

Back