i made brother Guest's brown jambalaya and some other things.....

That's that. I'm going to injure my knee, pack a cooler full of growlers and drive to Biloxi this weekend.

Surely, he won't turn me away!

It all looks outstanding Jason.

Oh, and we WILL be enjoying beers together one day my friend. Count on that!

God all looks good. I'm a sucker for good jambalaya and that right there looks legit.

I'm from St. Amant (borders Gonzales for you non-local folk) and I gave him the recipe!

I'm glad you liked the recipe deepsouth. It looks like you did it justice. Appears you got the rice to pop nicely; not easy for a first timer. Feel free to share the recipe. Sharing good food is a way of life in Louisiana.

The color is not as important as the rice texture (which it looks like you nailed). I have no idea if you can achieve the color in an enameled pot, but you can try browning the pork a little longer. We typically only use cast aluminum (magnalite) or nonenameled cast iron. Next time throw in some cut up boneless/skinless chicken thighs along with the pork to take it to the next level.

Looks great! Much better than my first go.

thanks man! i really appreciate you sharing the recipe. it's a great dish that we will continue to make. we love thighs, so i'll definitely add those in next time as well!

Back