THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cameraman

Babbling Farker
I had a couple of Gobels corned beefs in the fridge that were about to expire so I cooked them up yesterday. I picked these two because they had point and flat. As it turned out they were a little too lean and not as unctuous as I would have liked, but good eats none the less.

It was a dark and rainy day so I set up my climate control system.

pastrami%20134.jpg

I smoked them with hickory at about 225 for 6 hours or so but when they stalled at 140 I bumped it up to 270. They hit my target of 160 about an hour later.

pastrami%20135.jpg

They had a nice crunchy bark.

pastrami%20136.jpg

A little taste of each was necessary for QA purposes.

pastrami%20137.jpg

I put one up in the freezer and steamed the other today for lunch with a friend.

pastrami%20138.jpg

All in all not a bad meal. I sent my buddy home with the leftovers. I own him now. :wink:

pastrami%20139.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Had done the corned beef trick as well. But if you have access to a butcher, there's no sub fo some navel. Well worth the extra step to cure fresh navel.

Back